Rick

·
OVALTEENY !!!
6,063 Posts
We always like to see this stuff

·
one-legged member
4,493 Posts
Yeah I like to see stuff like this, although neither myself or any of my mates have ever owned a Guzzi we are planning to visit the factory while we are in Italy.

·
Registered
261 Posts
A buddy of mine that was out of biking for a while bought one of these in black about 8 years ago. He was too scared to drive it home so asked if I would come with him and drive it home for him when he bought. YEP!

Great fun bike to drive and it only took about 3 hours for me to recover the feeling in my hands.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Got one of those polishing kit, off Ebay, and a tub ofstainless cleaner and this is the result

This isn’t all of it

aa.jpg

What is the correct chrome to bike ratio??

bb.jpg

Not sure all the effort I put into the rocker cover wasworth it, but I have to do the other one now

Bits will be going back on soon

I may have an indicator for a Tengai Pilgrim ( sound like John Wayne)

Let’s see a picture of your Tengai

·
Registered
3,481 Posts
this Gootsi is going to be a cracker when it's finished....I am not a fan of Italian bikes but you are rebuilding a beauty!

·
Registered
348 Posts
Keep 'em coming, please ! Always had a soft spot for Guzzis but only ever owned one. That was a new V Reg. V50II on which I achieved my IAM pass. Me and Mrs T did a lot of touring abroad with it. I fitted a Sprint Spada fairing which colour matched perfectly with the Silver/Blue. Little Guzzi coped with everything the Swiss Alps could throw at it. We were lighter then! Only had one fault; starter lead corroded (looked like Gorgonzola cheese). 10 minute fix. Ah yes, Timeless charm and a lovely exhaust burble..... Good luck with the farkling. I like the black too. Les

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hi
Got a bit more done over the weekend

aa.jpg

Got the rear end back together, the front wheel is in just for balance, it will be coming off again
It looks bigger than I remember. Looking good though.

ab.jpg

Preparing the rear mudguard. I'm not looking forward to spraying the tank (Gulp)

·
The Angry Pasty Muncher
6,170 Posts
looking good at the moment will keep watching this project can't beat tarting something up

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
While waiting for some Bars to arrive I decided to make astart on the luggage rack

a.JPG

I pickedup 2 Hepco Becker panniers off Ebay very cheaply. One of them has a bit of roadrash, but you can hardly see it

b.JPG

c.JPG

The cheapest rack I have seen was £180, for a bitof bent chrome pipe???

Luckily I had 4 bit of flat bar left over from another job

d.JPG

It may look a bit agricultural at the moment

e.JPG

Still a bit of work, getting rid of the sharp edges, brackets etc, and probably powder coating.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts