Honda XRV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Señor Member
748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I've no idea if this will take off but following on from a thread that Whealie started where the last few posts have been pictures of the days commute.

So, how was your commute today? Anything worth taking a picture of?

I'll start the ball rolling (if it's going to roll at all that is!)

This picture was taken on this mornings commute, it was very foggy down in my home town of Nelson but I could see above the fog a sparkle that promised sunshine once a bit of height was gained.

Shot taken near to the Shooters Arms on the tops of Nelson looking out over to Nelson and Pendle hill on the horizon.
Pendle_pano.jpg
Pendle Pano

A bigger version is posted in the members albums section so that more detail can be seen

·
Señor Member
748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wide open space, looks good to me!

You could still post pictures of traffic jams in the city if you could grab a quick shot with your gloves on that is!

Thanks for the picture.

·
Señor Member
748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Morning mist
Another great ride into work this morning, it had been raining (you don't say!) but the sun had come out and was burning it all off, turned into quite a nice day all in all.

·
Premium Member
10,746 Posts
A13 into London
No time for pics, just trying to stay alive :(

·
Señor Member
748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
A13 into London
No time for pics, just trying to stay alive :(
Hey Vader, we have traffic too you know, check out this video that I took this morning in response you your post above:

·
Señor Member
748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
That is a lovely shot.
Thanks for that Michel.

Took a few more on the way home today, Temperature was dropping and the mist was forming in the valleys, it's getting to that time of year when we'll be going home in the dark but for now there are some stunning skies to look at when pootling home!

Graining Water at Blake Dean

Widdop gate

I think I've found the achilles heel of the Iphone camera, when the pictures are viewed at a decent size the amount of noise is incredible if the shot was taken in anything other than bright light, I may have to get the big gun out to take some less noisy pictures soon.

·
Bloody furriner
5,010 Posts
Yeah those little cameras do get noisy, nothing like a big fat piece of glass and you can't really have that on a phone. :)

·
Señor Member
748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yeah those little cameras do get noisy, nothing like a big fat piece of glass and you can't really have that on a phone. :)
It's just bone idleness on my part Michel, I've got my "proper" camera in my topbox...

·
Bloody furriner
5,010 Posts
I can see how that happens though, it's a lot of fuss with gloves and getting off the bike, while the little thing is right there. (Though with an iphone you're still messing around with gloves.)

If I'm on a ride out I often have a little Ixus on a lanyard around my neck, don't even have to stop moving to take pics with that. :mrgreen:

·
Señor Member
748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I can see how that happens though, it's a lot of fuss with gloves and getting off the bike, while the little thing is right there. (Though with an iphone you're still messing around with gloves.)

If I'm on a ride out I often have a little Ixus on a lanyard around my neck, don't even have to stop moving to take pics with that. :mrgreen:
What's happening in the first picture Michel? It looks like you're about to run someone over...

·
Señor Member
748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

·
SOTGATT
3,522 Posts
Y'know John......when the globe warms up a bit I might move up there. We know someone on Skye don't we? :)

Just gotta live for another few hundred years....:rolleyes: :D

·
Señor Member
748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

·
Deer Dodger
3,199 Posts
Now THAT would be a nice commute, people say that I'm lucky because of my route to work but I'd sure like to swap it for this view.

Nice pictures.

I shall remember that when I have to get up at 5:30 tomorrow morning :D:D

Don't mind the run back on a Friday, but those damn Jaggy heads really freak me out first thing in the morning -- we have already had two vans smashed this year :mad:

And my freezer is still empty ;) :D

·
Señor Member
748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I shall remember that when I have to get up at 5:30 tomorrow morning :D:D
5:30? PAH! Worked shifts for 20 odd years and when on early's I used to dream of a lie in until 5:30!

Never rise before 7am these days though

·
Bloody furriner
5,010 Posts
I'm off to work at 8.30 mostly. Which makes life interesting these days, as the sun is just above the horizon at that time and most of my commute is heading straight into it, filtering through rush hour traffic. The peak on the tour-x is a lifesaver as without it I wouldn't see anything at all!

1 - 20 of 33 Posts