Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Sir FallofaLott
5,060 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
... on friday last in between interviewing staff I had a quick meeting with one of our managers. Afterwards I walked her out to the door, enjoying a bit of a laugh and a joke as you do. That night, friday, she was taking some of the elderly patients to a concert - and by all accounts they had a great time, boogying away until midnight. She returned to the unit buzzing and in great form.

Saturday I was informed she'd been taken to hospital with suspected food- poisioning...

Sunday I was informed her heart had arrested..

Today I was informed she passed away.

I think what has stunned people is the fact many of her collegues had seen her and been with her right up to saturday, and she was absolutely fine - she wasnt ill, or poorly, or off form in any way.

It kinda throws your own mortality right into your face.

Give everyone in your house an extra long hug tonight.

·
Wing Commander
14,437 Posts

·
whys the rum always gone?
17,680 Posts
sure is mate it makes every barney we have with our loved ones so stupid...live for today:cool: but above all remember this the most important gift you can give your friends and familly is a bit of your time;)

sorry to hear about your friend mate:(

S

·
0 Posts
It's pretty sobering to hear stories like that. Presumably the 'food poisoning' was a mis-diagnosis which makes you wonder what might have been had the diagnosis been more accurate. Sorry to hear about your friend.

·
Matron
12,080 Posts
That's really scary Alp and very sad.

You never know when your time is up and as MOM said live every day as if it is your last.

I had one of my fellow nurses last year came to work feeling a little unwell, he called me to ask to go home sick I popped onto the ward to see him and was really concerned as he looked grey, was sick and short of breath. I refused to send him home and took him down to A and E where he promptly had a heart attack.

He was lucky and survived, he had a stroke a couple of days later and had to retire but is getting better now.

It does bring it home how vunerable we are

·
21st Century Schizoid Man
2,428 Posts
snip

Saturday I was informed she'd been taken to hospital with suspected food- poisioning...

Sunday I was informed her heart had arrested..

Today I was informed she passed away.

I think what has stunned people is the fact many of her collegues had seen her and been with her right up to saturday, and she was absolutely fine - she wasnt ill, or poorly, or off form in any way.

It kinda throws your own mortality right into your face.

Give everyone in your house an extra long hug tonight.
Arresting thoughts Alpslapper :sad7:

·
Registered
136 Posts
sounds like working in or near a hospital is far more dangerous than filtering an @ through the blackwall tunnel each day.

'we're all dooooomed, captain mannering'

·
Huh?
2,328 Posts
Blimey, that's tough.

Mrs Slimie and I reconsidered and completely changed our lives after a friend died unexpectedly.

Carpe diem folks, make the most of every moment.

-Simon

1 - 10 of 10 Posts