Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As of yesterday I am the very proud owner of a silver 650 TA on an 02 plate. I rode it the 150 miles home with a big grin on my face all the way, despite it only being 1 or 2 degrees for a fair bit of the way.

It's got just short of 19000 on the clock and is mostly standard. It came with a full set of luggage (Honda topbox and Givi panniers), heated grips and an MRA Vario screen. The back tyre needs replacing, but that is all that needs doing.

Been out on it today in the sunshine we've had here and I love this bike to bits. My test ride last weekend confirmed that this was the bike for me, but I've now done a whole lot more miles since getting mine and I'm now starting to understand why you lot love these bikes so much. My mate had his Harley out for the first time this year and we rode a few miles together, fantastic.

Sorry, no pics as yet. I'll get some up when I can.

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
well done! i got my 600T/A at this time of year three years ago now. that was a 160 mile ride back home too. still have the same bike still love it. plan on doing lots more miles this year too.

·
Registered
12,768 Posts
I keep thinking it is about time to change mine, but every time I get on it and go for a ride, it makes me think I will not find a bike as good at putting a smile on the face .

·
Senile member, who r u ?
1,364 Posts
Nessmuk you will have to subscribe first, 12 quid a year, quid a month, well worth it, we have mechanics, lawyers, artiste's, builders the lot ! go on you know it makes sense ! Now you are up and runnig what about doing The Longest Day Charity Ride ? and put some faces to names ? Just noticed your just down the road, if your up for another little ride out, Ace Cafe tomoz, meet Premier Inn on the A5, just outside Dunstable @ 10.30 hours ?

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just noticed your just down the road, if your up for another little ride out, Ace Cafe tomoz, meet Premier Inn on the A5, just outside Dunstable @ 10.30 hours ?
Thanks for the invite, but I think the family would kill me if I even tried to come along! They were a bit miffed about being dragged up and down the country to get the bike on Friday, the kids are on half term so they came too.

Perhaps another time.

·
Bling Tastic Transalp
1,362 Posts
As of yesterday I am the very proud owner of a silver 650 TA on an 02 plate. I rode it the 150 miles home with a big grin on my face all the way, despite it only being 1 or 2 degrees for a fair bit of the way.

It's got just short of 19000 on the clock and is mostly standard. It came with a full set of luggage (Honda topbox and Givi panniers), heated grips and an MRA Vario screen. The back tyre needs replacing, but that is all that needs doing.

Been out on it today in the sunshine we've had here and I love this bike to bits. My test ride last weekend confirmed that this was the bike for me, but I've now done a whole lot more miles since getting mine and I'm now starting to understand why you lot love these bikes so much. My mate had his Harley out for the first time this year and we rode a few miles together, fantastic.

Excellent , another happy Ta Owner..

Good Luck with your new Bike :p

·
Senile member, who r u ?
1,364 Posts
Hey grumpy , tell me more about the longest day charity drive out , if i can make it i would love to come down on my AT. 12quid to subsrcibe you say , better do that as soon as can , be rude not to
mjk, good eveing my dear fella, click on forums, charity events, the long est day 2010 lots to read there, or have a looky at www.thelongestday.org.uk and all will be revealed, there are 70 plus riders from this site riding from Lowerstoft, Suffolk, to Dingle in Southern Ireland, on the 19th June 2010 (the longest day of the year) in 24 hours for Help for Hereos. A great event to be involved in and raising money for our troops, what ever your political preferences. Sign up you wont be disappointed :thumbup:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts