Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Ninja Thread Hijacker
2,978 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tall and Skinny and Austrian and ...................

BLACK !!!!

It'll be mine in a 7 to 10 days and I cannae wait !!!!!

Look out for loads of Transalp 650 goodies on here soon.​

·
Registered
7,735 Posts
Niiiice.

You PXing the Alp then Jack, can you PM me first with your very keenly priced extras (before all the other tight wad viltures come circling :rolleyes: ......)

Me thinks the next few days are gonna go soo slooow for Wee Jack!

Phil

·
Ninja Thread Hijacker
2,978 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Niiiice.

You PXing the Alp then Jack, can you PM me first with your very keenly priced extras (before all the other tight wad viltures come circling :rolleyes: ......)

Me thinks the next few days are gonna go soo slooow for Wee Jack!

Phil
I'll get a list together and PM ya Phil , give us a day or two.

Basically got ........
Tall screen
low seat
honda top box and plate
Touratech crash bars
Tourtech pannier set with all the mini indicators and stuff.

Sorry to see the Alp go wish I could affoard to keep that for short runs commuting and nipping into the toon , but even a wee guy with two jobs can't justify that and a BRAND SPANKING NEW KTM :D :D :D

·
Premium Member
10,746 Posts
Tall and Skinny and Austrian and ...................

BLACK !!!!

It'll be mine in a 7 to 10 days and I cannae wait !!!!!

Look out for loads of Transalp 650 goodies on here soon.​
Wow nice bike but,no offense "wee" jack can you touch the floor with your toes?:confused::D:D

·
whys the rum always gone?
17,680 Posts
oooooh feck thats just made me even more confused.. its just like slimies and that sent me into a total tizzie when i first saw it:cool: :cool: :cool: i shall be paying close attention to how you getting on with it:D

if you dont mind me asking what was the damage and what did you get with it;)

·
Ninja Thread Hijacker
2,978 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
I quite like the look of that Jack, I tried one but it was too tall for me, do your feet touch the floor??????? :rolleyes:
Sister Sharribee,
the answer is no, not both feet flat, it is a tall bike but has the "low" gel seat now fitted as standard on 2007 bikes, I think it is now 840 mm seat height, but it is very skinny and your legs Go straight down rather than round and down (if you see what I mean??). and it is very light (about the same as the Alp) so a slight lean is nae bother.

To be honest I have never had a bike where I could get both feet down , you get used to it after 32 years riding motorcycles as a short arse.

So it's "one cheek off" at the lights now. I'll just have to stop wearing my man-thong as it will dissappear into the unknown !!!:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Just took that too far there didn't I :pale: :pale:

·
Ninja Thread Hijacker
2,978 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
oooooh feck thats just made me even more confused.. its just like slimies and that sent me into a total tizzie when i first saw it:cool: :cool: :cool: i shall be paying close attention to how you getting on with it:D

if you dont mind me asking what was the damage and what did you get with it;)
Chad, I got a CRACKIN deal mate , I'm just about to post in the recommended section.

I got A BRAND SPANKING NEW KTM 990 ADV with .........

Heated grips - supplied and fitted free
KTM Panniers - supplied and fitted free ( part of the KTM deal just now)
Scottoiler - supplied and fitted free
Crash bars - supplied and fitted free
Meta Alarm - list £350 supplied and fitted for £250
KTM Top box and bracket - list £200 Supplied and fitted for £150
Akrapovic titanium cans - list £640 Supplied and fitted for £540

I got a low cost service deal for 2 years , basically capped.
I got low cost finance 2% over two years.(KTM /Black Horse Finance)

It's all about "change over price" when you trade - in , but I calculated I saved about £1550 from "list" and green book trade-in price.

WEE JACK IS VELLY VELLY HAPPY WITH THE DEAL:blob:

·
Happy Bunny!
3,097 Posts
Nice bike Jack, best of luck with it.:D

I went out with a tall, skinny Austrian :confused: :confused: :confused: .

I wonder whatever happend to him:confused: :confused:

·
Registered
782 Posts
Made up for you mate :)

Looks great in that colour scheme.

She`s an expensive date though....I hope you`re aware of the service schedules and costs,and have budgeted accordingly....?

·
Registered
107 Posts
Well done Jack sounds like you got a great deal and all the right extras to,

I would like to get your top box and plate for my bike let me know what you want for it.

I will go and cry in the corner now :crybaby:not that I'm jealous:thumb:

·
Ooh Aah Cantona!
177 Posts
Nice bike but do they do it in RWB (I'm sure it would be a little bit faster).;)

·
Middle-aged Junior Member
84 Posts
Fae oh the uthur Scottish "members" oh the best ohne the http://www.ktm.org.uk wull miss yae here ohne the Honda forum.
Funny how forum is already written in scots!:D

·
Registered
2,998 Posts
Very Very pleased for you Jack.This is will be the very next bike (and colour) I'll be buying.So expect me to be asking you a million questions in September at the N/Meet.This is the first bike I've really been excited about since the @'s
The Africa Twin, RC30,Ducati 450 scrambler,V max and now this 990.Maybe not the best bikes of all time,but they ARE MY all time favorites !

You must be Bubblin' !!!!!!!!!

·
Ninja Thread Hijacker
2,978 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
Made up for you mate :)

Looks great in that colour scheme.

She`s an expensive date though....I hope you`re aware of the service schedules and costs,and have budgeted accordingly....?
Yes Tarka I did a considerable amount of "sucking air through teeth" in a sort of "this could kill the deal" kind of way. The dealer offered me a low cost servicing deal , basically has agreed to cap servicing costs for the period of the two year warranty. On my mileage thats at least 5 services at a capped level............ result !!

OH and by the way - YOU started this ..........

HAVE YOU HEARD I'M GETTING A BRAND NEW KTM 990 ADV in BLACK ??

·
Ninja Thread Hijacker
2,978 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Fae oh the uthur Scottish "members" oh the best ohne the http://www.ktm.org.uk wull miss yae here ohne the Honda forum.
Funny how forum is already written in scots!:D
I'm going nowhere Barbie bud !!! Despite now being a KTM tart ,I'm staying right here on the best wee bike forum on 'tinternet.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts