Honda XRV Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Sir FallofaLott
5,060 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so as some of you will know I was supposed to get on and organise a picture rally, with the view to making a few quid for the site and NABD.

I've worked long and hard to culture a work/life balance that puts food on the table but allows me maximum family time and have not taken up career opportunities that although it would mean a lot more money it would throw my hard won balance outa synch and my view is I'll have plenty enough years to myslef when the kids have flown the nest so I want to have as much time as possible with them now, when Im not too much of an embarrassment to them :rolleyes: :D

All was well till a few weeks ago when that balance came crashing down around my ears and I currently find myself eating sleeping and going to work. Ive been informed today I have another 4 months of this as the original targets to turn the failing service around were optimistic to say the least. Work are being as good as they can about this and have sweetened the deal with a bit more annual leave and a few quid more and I suppose I should be flattered they have so much faith in me :confused: .

Ok so thats more or less why Im not about here so much:

Soooooooooo...... not being able to devote any time to get a picture rally thoroughly and properly and professionally organised, Ive had an idea :cool: :D

I hate letting people down and I know a few people we looking forward to doing some sort of site rally - so attached is an Alphabet Rally :D :D :D :D

All's ya gotta do is get to the places on the list, and snap yourself or the bike at the place name sign or the equivolent village square plaque etc etc. Where theres one or more places of a similar name, simply pick one and go there :thumb: Couldnt be easier :D

Get to some or all of the places in your own time. Organise a few rideouts with mates or go on your own.

When you're done post the pics in the ride report section, or post as you go along :thumb:

As there's nothing organised about money and all that stuff, how about have a go at the rally or parts of it, and if you enjoyed it and the weather was good, then sling DaveS a donation of a fiver for the site upkeep. Or a quid, or 2 pound of spuds and a head of lettuce :D

We can have a crack at organising the picture rally with full bells and whistles next year?? when harmony will be restored to the alpslapper household. :glasses8: :D

Ok, here it is :

Ae
Blackadder
Catbrain
Dull
Eccup
Frenchbeer
Good Easter
Huish Episcopi
Inkpen
Jamestown
Kettlesing Bottom
Loud water
Muggleswink
Nasty
Old Wives Lees
Praze An Beeble
Queen Camel
Raw
Six Mile Bottom
Thwing
Ugley
Velindre
Wrangle
Yoxford
Zennor

Good luck, be safe, have fun and lets see your pics in the ride report section :thumb:

·
Premium Member
10,746 Posts
or 2 pound of spuds and a head of lettuce :D
Just can see the lorrys pulling up at dave's
"Looking for a "DaveS" supposed to live here,we've got 40 tons of spuds and 12 head of lettuce for you":D:D:toothy7::toothy7::toothy7::toothy7:

·
Generalissimo Tea Boy
6,040 Posts
That's eerie, my 'filled my boots post' was 100 yards from Good Easter......

·
Kymmy accepts no responsibility for this blondes c
2,075 Posts
oo you missed 'Piddle on the Puddle' and 'Ham nr Sandwhich on Rye' and then you have the classic truckers joke ( which is now wearing very thin!) ... "have you unloaded in Condom!!!!" arrrh good ol' toilet humour, you just cant beat it, well not with out a [email protected]~k off big stick gggggggggggggggggrrrrrr :confused:

·
It's Just A Ride....
1,499 Posts
Recon I can beat those.... :rolleyes:

I've kinda promised myself I've gotta get here in August... F**king!

What! I'm just getting in touch with my inner child :D:D:D:D

·
2,075 Posts
lol.. oo... 'where you getting married...' ' in the [email protected]~king church of course!!'...

there is a Jenna Way just outside mlton keynes and i deliver there quite often, but its getting more tempting each time to run it down with the truck and bring it home...:cool: look cool on the workshop wall!

·
Generalissimo Tea Boy
6,040 Posts
lol.. oo... 'where you getting married...' ' in the [email protected]~king church of course!!'...

there is a Jenna Way just outside mlton keynes and i deliver there quite often, but its getting more tempting each time to run it down with the truck and bring it home...:cool: look cool on the workshop wall!
You just need a street sign manufacturer!!!!

My mate's a street inspector and wanted the Vallance Road (it has criminal/historical connections) sign from Bethnal Green for his wall so he did some maintenance and swapped it for a new one. He's eying up the Blind Beggar pub sign, but that's harder to get to......

·
2,075 Posts
You just need a street sign manufacturer!!!!

My mate's a street inspector and wanted the Vallance Road (it has criminal/historical connections) sign from Bethnal Green for his wall so he did some maintenance and swapped it for a new one. He's eying up the Blind Beggar pub sign, but that's harder to get to......
lmao, now thats the sorta guy i like, works on his initiative.

cant say tooo much as i will get shot, just that a certain steering wheel in a certain vehicle thats not toooo far away was once in the very 'car' that won the world rally championship in 2001. :D :D :D ....dont ask how i came by it.

·
Generalissimo Tea Boy
6,040 Posts
lmao, now thats the sorta guy i like, works on his initiative.

cant say tooo much as i will get shot, just that a certain steering wheel in a certain vehicle thats not toooo far away was once in the very 'car' that won the world rally championship in 2001. :D :D :D ....dont ask how i came by it.
I am tapping the side of my nose and nodding, the goverment approved way to keep very important secrets!!!:laughing6:

G

·
In response to Alpslapper's original post (ahem!) Sounds great mate:D I'm up for a go, but it might take me a few years;)
Is this a sounding out thread, or is that the definitive list?? Don't wish to leap in on your plan, but I had the idea that you could 'sell' an official list to anyone who wished to partisipate. No time limits and no prizes just an excuse for a ride and a personal challenge. No doubt at annual get togethers to come some form of celebration/piss take could be arranged for all who succeed.
Maybe the official list could include bikey related target towns??
Just jawing, over to you:D

·
Pleb
1,792 Posts
Here's ZENNOR.
I'm not working backwards through the alphabet, just lazy.

It just so happens that it's on the B3306. A must do road in Cornwall that twists and turns it's way along the coast between St Ives and St Just.

Downtown Zennor:

Even has it's own duck crossing:

Lovely cosy pub, The Tinner's Arms:

Claiming my finder's fee. That's a half pint. It is not a pint glass a long way away and I do not have a mahoosive head:

A top spot for a *** on the way home near Hell's Mouth:

Nearby was this ideal sniper's position to take out Nazi E-boat commanders:

http://www.xrv.org.uk/photopost/data/500/Picture_003.jpg

·
Sir FallofaLott
5,060 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Recycler - you top dude you :D :D :D

Excellent - ok so we've got Z done :thumb:

I can get Good Easter and Yoxford this weekend so thats G and Y !!

Anyone near any of the others??

Squirrelciv - top ideas there mate :thumb:

As you can see even the jacked up quicky idea Ive put up about an Alphabet Rally was only just about half baked too lol coz if Id thought about it a bit more I could have come up with your idea of a lot more bikey related targets and 'sell' the Alphabet to raise a bit of dosh for the site.

I think as it is we could do it as a kinda joint board effort, with different people in different places nabing some of the letters. What do ya think??

So we could view this as a kinda 'group' challenge lol.

And We can hopefully put together something similar for next year but with a lot more planning and forethought :pale: :confused3: :D

( Like I said Im just feeling guilty I didnt put up the challenge I'd promised despite great efforts from Mabel and Wheelie (They did their bit - it was me that didnt get it together at my end in time before my present work crisis exploded) so it suddenly occured to me what about an Alphabt Rally lol - quick and easy and I can bang it out in 5 mins lol. But as is my want - I could have thought it through a bit better lol lol - but I get these ideas at 4 o clock in the morning lol whatdya expect lol lol lol.)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts