Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Hill Rider
3,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What an absolutely stunning day for a ride out!

As scheduled, the Mountie & youngest son, Adam, arrived at chez Steve T for 0830, from whence we headed via many scenic local roads for Glen Lyon. At the ordained hour, meeting was completed with Lowflyer at Aviemore.
From here I was supposed to have a route / plan for getting us to Glen Lyon. I diverged from original plan cos I just can’t stand riding down the A9 for any longer than I have too :(! So we headed for Dalwhinnie via Kingussie, Newtonmore & Laggan :D :thumbup:. The roads named above have to be experienced, because I cannot do them justice with words. Here are the Mountie, Adam & Lowflyer hacking a bend near Dalwhinnie ditillery

Best guess at what Lowflyers up too!? :rolleyes:

The distillery for a breather . .

Then onto the boring A9 for a couple of miles, then miles & miles of this . .

. . .before we got to the tea room / café at Glen Lyon, where Boris, outrunner and Ben were waiting for us.
Here's the bridge near the tea room.

After a nose bag, we headed for the end of the glen and a hydro scheme road that takes you over the hill.
The gang at the end of the glen . .

Arty shot of the @ at the end of the glen . .

No photo’s taken by me on the return trip – just as well, what with those 2 semi knaked young girls bathing topless in the river :D :thumbright:(Lowflyer missed them :rolleyes: – the rest of us spotted the bouncy bits, even if he didn’t).

Absolutely brilliant ride back, with Lowflyer heading for his pals at Newtonmore and the Mountie, Adam & me heading for the road home via Glenshee.

Thanks too all for making the effort to get out in such distressing weather. Great to meet new faces.
Looking forward to the next run already.

Steve T

:cool:

·
Premium Member
6,168 Posts
More photos

The gang meet at the cafe but Ben seems to have disappeared

Outrunner and in the background the elusive Ben

The gang meet up again further up the glen. Lowflier eating again while the young 'un does his John Inman impression

Quick stop at the Falls of Dochart on the way back

Great rideout. Look forward to the next one

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Glad you all had a great day out, wish I could have been there.

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
More photos

The gang meet up again further up the glen. Lowflier eating again while the young 'un does his John Inman impression

Great rideout. Look forward to the next one
Aye, you gotto watch the cameras, I got caught out with some very effeminate poses on one of the Glen Coe runs by Largewayround.
Rick

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
Fair weather riders :toothy7:

Took a spin up that part of the world last week nice shout Steve T :thumbup:

·
Registered
4,162 Posts
see the snow has eased :p
nice ride ....

realy looking forward to the next meet ( Peil for me ) you going down friday john?

and you bagged a distillery too steve :D

·
bigtrailie admin
4,710 Posts
More photos

The gang meet at the cafe but Ben seems to have disappeared

A motley crew if ever I saw one (especially the dude at the back in braces and shades :rolleyes:)
Great photos guys, can't wait to get up to your kneck of the woods again

·
Grumpy auld man!
1,646 Posts
What a grand day out! :) As I drove up to the meet

going by Killin and Ben Lawer I had to suffer the kind of stuff shown in the piccies below. :rolleyes:

Once again thanks to all who made the day, nice to put faces to names. :D

Last pic taken at Killin.

And just to finish the day off nicely, when I got home and oiled the chain and gave it the once over, as you do, I find a tiny nail in the centre of the front tyre, and yes, the 'kin thing is leaking, very slowly, but leaking none the less. Oh the joys of motorcycles! :mad:;)

Andy.

·
Grumpy auld man!
1,646 Posts
A motley crew if ever I saw one (especially the dude at the back in braces and shades :rolleyes:)
Great photos guys, can't wait to get up to your kneck of the woods again
How very dare you young man!! :p:D

Andy.

·
Registered
2,600 Posts
Glad you all had a good day, we had a similar run down from Ullapool. :thumbup:
Saturday was a brilliant day, Friday was ok too, dry and a bit of blue sky coming through after the rain on Skye, Thursday was pretty wet by nighttime and rain on Friday morning left me doubting my weather forecast!
A great weekend, glad all made it home ok, apart from one slow puncture! Oh well, ho hum, I've shredded my rear tyre so that'll be the third set on the Mighty Varadero in a year!

·
Premium Member
6,168 Posts
And Andy nearly bought what is probably the most expensive petrol in Scotland. 128.9 in Aberfoyle.

Robbers

·
one-legged member
4,493 Posts
Great stuff, it certainly was a great weekend for the weather and you have some superb scenery up there :thumbright:

·
Deer Dodger
3,199 Posts
Sorry guys,

My photos are [email protected] in comparison :confused:
I didn't get back til late last night after visiting my friend in Newtonmore.
But I gotta say --- what a day out, absolutely spot on, although I was felling pretty knackered towards the end on account of my " wetting the baby's head " parties lasting well into the weekend. Good at the time though :thumbright:

My first photo is ----

A frog :D:D:D:D

And then --

It got more interesting

The guys fiddling about !!!

Nice view of the glen :thumbright:

Thanks to all for attending and nice to see some new faces again :thumbleft:
This was the first time I've been to this part of my homeland and I was well impressed :thumbright:

The hills were almost as big as back home :D:D:D:D:D
Roll on the next North v South :thumbright:, can hardly wait :D

1 - 16 of 16 Posts