Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When friends and family come over one of the questions that asked a lot is...Have you seen any WILD BOAR ????? well we have and so did one of my Jack Russels today and ended up with a 70cm gash in his side and 6 puncture wounds :( and a 118euro bill from the vets........
LETS HOPE HE,S OFF PORK...
Anyway if your out this way in spring and hear something in the woods GET UP A TREE ............nasty little buggers when they,ve got young
Phil

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
Nasty little buggers?!

Sounds positively big to me!!

Where abouts do you live in SW France? Anywhere near Le Béarn?

(Glad the little giant is on the mend)

·
Registered
773 Posts
We saw loads of wild pigs/boar/swine/something when walking down a remote canyon in Sardinia, but they were a bit camera shy and totally refused to charge us with their huge tusks.

·
Registered
12,768 Posts
I took a walk to the shops this afternoon with a dragon on my arm and got quite a few double takes.
This is the one.

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nasty little buggers?!

Sounds positively big to me!!

Where abouts do you live in SW France? Anywhere near Le Béarn?

(Glad the little giant is on the mend)
Warthog:D very apt!!!!!:D cheers mate yes he,s on the mend, but he should know better at 14 daft old bugger, he probably only wanted to play with the little ones but mummy had other ideas:blob6: As for where we are in France its near GOURDON 46 in the LOT ..........loads of woods and valleys great habitat for SANGLIER and they make mighty fine eating:thumbright:
Phil

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
We saw loads of wild pigs/boar/swine/something when walking down a remote canyon in Sardinia, but they were a bit camera shy and totally refused to charge us with their huge tusks.
They have a canny resenblance to not so vexed goats mate:D
Phil

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I took a walk to the shops this afternoon with a dragon on my arm and got quite a few double takes.
This is the one.
Whats next ????? you changing your name to George:D
Phil

·
luddite
1,814 Posts
wild boar are pure evil!

I used to ride regularly at night from Auxerre to Vesoul or vice versa & saw loads of them. Had a friend in a clio charged by a big male & wrote the car off completely... (Needless to say the friend had to change his trousers as well as the car...)

Their eyes don't reflect light & their bodies are matt black so spotting them on the road at night is usually too late...:angel7:

·
Older, but no wiser!
3,836 Posts
When friends and family come over one of the questions that asked a lot is...Have you seen any WILD BOAR ????? well we have and so did one of my Jack Russels today and ended up with a 70cm gash in his side and 6 puncture wounds :( and a 118euro bill from the vets........
LETS HOPE HE,S OFF PORK...
Anyway if your out this way in spring and hear something in the woods GET UP A TREE ............nasty little buggers when they,ve got young
Phil
Nasty indeed and the attitude of the terrier is pretty well inevitable with their "bring it on attitude"! We have a pair of Patterdales, both working dogs who take their "job" seriously.

Sounds as if you need a mate with a .222 or .223 along next time and pop the porker in the fridge!

·
Wing Commander
14,437 Posts
Just seen three of those wild bores on a TV debate tonight.;)

I'd shoot them but I think they'd all be just gristle.

·
Older, but no wiser!
3,836 Posts
Just seen three of those wild bores on a TV debate tonight.;)

I'd shoot them but I think they'd all be just gristle.
Nah, gristle you can chew on.... jelly maybe?

·
Stone Crazy
5,312 Posts
I saw my first wild boar in france after 21 years traveling there last year,
it was just about dawn near Les sables D,Ollone on the new bypass, i could only just make it out on the verge to start with but the trucks lights picked it out as i got closer, the bugger would have a job arguing with a Scania artic i tell ya, i hope the russel gets well soon, i still miss our old Russel even though he has been gone 20 years, real feisty little mutts, they think they are much bigger than they are i reckon

·
Registered
220 Posts
Hi Phil,

Sorry to here about your dog....
Wildboar, (Sanglier) Yes oh Yes, the French love em..loads down here too. Until I lived here I never really realised what a huge passion the French have for them and "la chasse" in general.
We spend a great deal of time on the trails here so perhaps see more wildlife than most, but a few months ago on the way back from Toulouse (on the autoroute of all places), a bloody huge one narrowly missed us.
As you say they are tasty though, not at all like pork as I imagined it would be.

Cheers
Potski

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Cheers guys, heres the old solider suning himself after 17 stitches to put back together!!!!! i thought he would have slowed down at 14 years old !! Jack Russels SAS of the dog world
Phil

1 - 14 of 14 Posts