Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So now that I am not so tired and before I forget – I loved it. Every minute, even the bloody stream someone left on the side of the mountain. XRV gents (and ladies) – thank you. You were, as ever, magnificent – from Sean spotting my bike in a car park and fixing my failing brakes, to GOG who gave me perfectly good directions which I turned into a 26 mile circle, to Jellie who provided a car park at the end of a gorgeous ride for me to turn the bike around and head off with Nick who made me feel better by taking me round a slightly smaller circle before riding so carefully that I had to ask him to pick it up a bit, to BT who raced the sun with me and didn’t abandon me when the sun won, to my adopted sons Ollie and Matt who endlessly made me smile with maternal affection, to Gary who showed me how to get out of Dingle with neither of us believing that I would manage it, to Tickertyboo who was new enough to the whole thing to let me lead for the whole day and who inspired me to not really get lost very much at all, to 691 for being quintessentially 691, to Owen for being my never ending hero (even if you did forget the KitKats), and to PD for devotion to the cause and a shared appreciation of the good manners inspired by Irish road markings. :toothy7:

See you next year. Rxx

·
Truffle shuffle king
1,281 Posts
So now that I am not so tired and before I forget – I loved it. Every minute, even the bloody stream someone left on the side of the mountain. XRV gents (and ladies) – thank you. You were, as ever, magnificent – from Sean spotting my bike in a car park and fixing my failing brakes, to GOG who gave me perfectly good directions which I turned into a 26 mile circle, to Jellie who provided a car park at the end of a gorgeous ride for me to turn the bike around and head off with Nick who made me feel better by taking me round a slightly smaller circle before riding so carefully that I had to ask him to pick it up a bit, to BT who raced the sun with me and didn’t abandon me when the sun won, to my adopted sons Ollie and Matt who endlessly made me smile with maternal affection, to Gary who showed me how to get out of Dingle with neither of us believing that I would manage it, to Tickertyboo who was new enough to the whole thing to let me lead for the whole day and who inspired me to not really get lost very much at all, to 691 for being quintessentially 691, to Owen for being my never ending hero (even if you did forget the KitKats), and to PD for devotion to the cause and a shared appreciation of the good manners inspired by Irish road markings. :toothy7:

See you next year. Rxx
What do you mean not believing you would get out.. .I had no doubt you would get out just surprised we didn't meet 4 times on the road out going opposite directions!

Anyway lovely to meet you - see you again soon
Gary

·
Registered
223 Posts
Thanks for the view up the steps in the ferry and the workshop on when to say things out loud and when to just think them! :cool:

I'm sure I will get it someday :blob5:

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Thanks for the view up the steps in the ferry and the workshop on when to say things out loud and when to just think them! :cool:

I'm sure I will get it someday :blob5:

You are welcome (especially as I was also told I looked like the "bag lady" of the group.....I maintain it is a good idea to wear all of your clothes to save on packing).

I am not sure Nigel will agree I am qualified to run the tact workshop.....:D

·
Registered
4,162 Posts
Glad I got to show you how good the original AT lights are on the final run up to the point :cool:.....

·
OVALTEENY !!!
6,063 Posts
Nice one Ros. Nice to see you again and I hope your whistle stop tour of the UK weekend went well too

See you next time :thumbup:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts