Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

What a shame I have just read today the 2012 ride has been cancelled, what a shame. The 2011 ride was the first ride we have attended and was awesome! Was really looking forward to this one. Hopefully there will be another ride next year.

I am still going to do Land's End to John O'Groats anyway on June 23rd (subject to a day before or after) as i have time off now and still want have to do it, so i will be having a 'mini' longest day with my beautiful wife The Duchess of Wales.

Well done Mark for all your help with TLD, i know how difficult organising these things can be and am not able to help organise sadly but hope to see you all soon. If my stickers dont come i can make some for myself and fly the flag for TLD...until the next time.

If we meet anyone along the way...happy days.

All be safe.

Carlo & Sarah
Ducati 848

·
OVALTEENY !!!
6,063 Posts
Sad that your first post is of such nature

Welcome to the forum Carlo & Sarah

·
Registered
4,162 Posts
I guessed that was the case :-(

Thanks to all those involved in organising and participating in the past 4, done to them all, I will do my own thing this year:)

Well done all TLD folk

·
Registered
4,162 Posts
LEJoG any one :)

no charity
no organisation
just for the hell of it :)

·
Registered
35 Posts
What a great shame. I know a lot if work goes into these events so totally understand. Did the last 2
and had a great time. Next year I am in again

·
Registered
379 Posts
LEJoG any one :)

no charity
no organisation
just for the hell of it :)
Not in June :( Cant due to work commitments,

I'm def going to do it, but not sure when.

changes to my job have ruled me out until after Sept at the earliest.

:(

·
Registered
4,162 Posts
Not in June :( Cant due to work commitments,

I'm def going to do it, but not sure when.

changes to my job have ruled me out until after Sept at the earliest.

I have done JoG Le, for the first TLD, have given my head a shake and will do a Long Run on the day, but set off from Home at 0400 and get back at 2200, and see what is achieved in the day :) Rather than spending 3 days getting to LE and then back. will see what TLD 2013 brings :toothy1:

good luck with it, but in September you will not have as much day light ( clearly :) ) and I hope some one does it with you as it really helps :thumbup:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
One thing to consider about these events are registering riders can pay a lot of money for hotels etc (most times booking is non refundable)...time off work. Childcare etc...and to find out only a month before that ride is cancelled is a bit short notice when you've been registered for over 6 months.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts