Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
one of the lost boys
6,127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
What is the longest day?
The Longest Day Charity Fund Raising Rally held on the nearest weekend to the Summer Solstice, organised by TeamXRV, Link to the TLD website starting on Saturday 20th June in Edinburgh ending on The Longest Day June 21st i London

Whos it for?
2008 funds were raised for We Are MacMillan
2009 funds are going to be raised for The Make A Wish Foundations

What route is being used?
Starting early at Edinburgh Castle then catch the 10:05hrs ferry at Troon for Larne, with P&O Irish Sea Ferries, ride down through Belfast, through Dublin and then to Rosslare for the 21:15hrs Ferry back to Fishguard with Stenaline, and then we then head for Cardiff and finally finishing in London, here's the Google maps link

Who can take part?
Anyone who is up for a 700mile journey that will take 24 hours using a mix of motorway and A roads and ferries, to register just enter your name on the participants page and PM or ask anyone who is registered for the ferry booking codes / order forms.
Or you can PM myself or my email nickoneillATfreenet.de

Will there be Dancing Girls to meet us in London
With a bit luck the Nora Batty appreciation dancers will be able to make their topless début

How much will it cost?
The rally covers 700 miles so fuel for that plus getting to Edinburgh and getting back home from London
Ferry prices are posted below
The Belfast - Dublin section of motorway has a €1.00 toll for bikes so beg borrow or steal a Euro coin and save it somewhere safe

Will the ferry companies be giving a discount
Yes, P&O have offered us the first crossing at £27.50 and have a booking form attached below as a pdf which needs to posted or faxed back.
Stenaline have offered us their Event rate at £35.00 I have the booking codes and will send these via PM or email, if you do not receive them please PM or email myself
nickoneillatfreenet.de they are event codes and not made out to the individual so I cant post them public.

Can I join in for a section or two?
Yes if you cant make the full route your more than welcome to meet us getting off the boats and ride the rest, it would be great to have welcoming committees waiting for us.

How can we make a donation?
The easiest way is through the Just Giving The Longest Day 2009 page that way for every ten pounds you donate the Make A Wish foundation receive almost £12 through Gift Aid reclaim

·
Registered
3,481 Posts
how many of u guys would be travelling from london up to Edinburgh...?

·
Registered
12,768 Posts
how many of u guys would be travelling from london up to Edinburgh...?
that would be those who live in London, I will be but not sure which day

·
Registered
3,481 Posts
sounds good guys thanks. I won't be on my own then:)

·
Wing Commander
14,437 Posts
What we need is somebody with an empty juggernaut going back to Scotland so we can load our bikes in it and get driven en masse to Scotland.:D

·
Registered
3,481 Posts
yeah yeah....good idea.....!! :)

·
Registered
38 Posts
Just a quick question regarding the cities being visited,is there a certain landmark that we will be going to in each city as in edinburgh we will be starting at the castle etc,or are we just riding through?
Sorry if this has been asked already

·
Need Constant Supervision
2,495 Posts
What riding in one day from JOG to LandsEnd, that is the most ridicilous idea I have ever heard :D

·
Need Constant Supervision
2,495 Posts
Ok I see the route is slightly different this time around....nutters :toothy3:

·
almost human? Possibly
396 Posts
how many of u guys would be travelling from London up to Edinburgh...?

Italy1 I will be riding up on the Friday from south London Sutton. I might have to pull out last min but hope not to would like the opportunity to ride with someone.

Thanks Derek :thumbright:

·
Registered
3,481 Posts
Italy1 I will be riding up on the Friday from south London Sutton. I might have to pull out last min but hope not to would like the opportunity to ride with someone.

Thanks Derek :thumbright:
hi derek,

I haven't decided if go on the Friday orr the Thursday but will certainly kee u posted on it. I am sure there is going to be a bunch of us riding up north. Keep in touch I a in NW london.

Cheers

1 - 20 of 62 Posts