Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
one of the lost boys
6,127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
What is the longest day?
The Longest Day Charity Fund Raising Rally held on the nearest weekend to the Summer Solstice, organised by TeamXRV, Link to the TLD website starting on Saturday 20th June in Edinburgh ending on The Longest Day June 21st i London

Whos it for?
2008 funds were raised for We Are MacMillan
2009 funds are going to be raised for The Make A Wish Foundations

What route is being used?
Starting early at Castle Terrace, Edinburgh - then catch the 10:05hrs ferry at Troon for Larne, with P&O Irish Sea Ferries, ride down through Belfast, through Dublin and then to Rosslare for the 21:15hrs Ferry back to Fishguard with Stenaline, and then we then head for Cardiff and finally finishing in London, here's the Google maps link and below are word.doc files for printing off

Who can take part?
Anyone who is up for a 700mile journey that will take 24 hours using a mix of motorway and A roads and ferries, to register just enter your name on the participants page and PM or ask anyone who is registered for the ferry booking codes / order forms.
Or you can PM myself or my email nickoneillATfreenet.de

Will there be Dancing Girls to meet us in London
With a bit luck the Nora Batty appreciation dancers will be able to make their topless début

How much will it cost?
The rally covers 700 miles so fuel for that plus getting to Edinburgh and getting back home from London
Ferry prices are posted below
The Belfast - Dublin section of motorway has a €1.00 toll for bikes so beg borrow or steal a Euro coin and save it somewhere safe

Will the ferry companies be giving a discount
Yes, P&O have offered us the first crossing at £27.50 and have a booking form attached below as a pdf which needs to posted or faxed back.
Stenaline have offered us their Event rate at £35.00 I have the booking codes and will send these via PM or email, if you do not receive them please PM or email myself
nickoneillatfreenet.de they are event codes and not made out to the individual so I cant post them public.

Can I join in for a section or two?
Yes if you cant make the full route your more than welcome to meet us getting off the boats and ride the rest, it would be great to have welcoming committees waiting for us.

How can we make a donation?
The easiest way is through the Just Giving The Longest Day 2009 page that way for every ten pounds you donate the Make A Wish foundation receive almost £12 through Gift Aid reclaim

·
one of the lost boys
6,127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
TLD ferry booking codes 1

Hello peeps

www.Stenaline.co.uk and www.poirishsea.com have come up trumps and given us a discount fares for M/Cycle & rider, I'll sit down later and PM all with booking codes. If you dont get the codes via PM please email me nickoneillatfreenet.de and I'll send it back that way:thumbup:

P&O Irish Sea Ferries have given us a discount for the first leg Troon to Larne sailing at 10:05 Saturday morning 20th June, £27.50 M/Cycle & rider, their booking sheet is attached below as a pdf file please; print it off, fill it out and return to P&O by post or fax.

Stenaline have given us thier Sporting Rates which can be accessed from this link www.stenaline.co.uk/event for the second leg, Rosslare to Fishguard at 21:15. Please use this link as it will not be found by google. Fill in your details and add the event code (which will be sent to you via PM or Email if you do not get the code email or pm me or anyone booked they can give you the code) you only need the event code for the first page leave the discount code box empty in the following page

So quoted from the ferries.....
Further to our telphone conversation the other day, I am pleased to advise that P&O Irish Sea would be delighted to offer your party a fare of £27.50 for m/cycle & rider, travelling on our Troon - Larne Service Saturday 20 June '09 at 10.05 hrs.
I am currently in the process of getting reservations made for 50 M/cycle & Rider on the above sailing and will be in touch to advise accordingly.
I have passed your details onto xxxxxxxxxxxx who is our PR Executive. Edel will be in touch with you in due course to discuss PR opportunities.
In the meantime, should you have any further queries regarding the above, please do not hesitate to contact me.

And.......
Hi Nick,

I have sent you our sporting rates which you can give to everyone in your group to book on line for a discounted rate.

You need to go onto our website which is www.stenaline.co.uk/event put this into the address bar and don’t go through Google. This will bring you into the web page showing three ships and three boxes . You put your first name then surname and then your event code which is xxxxx.

Any one in your group can book like this as long as they have the code. Stena Europe, Rosslare - Fishguard - 20 June 2009 Departing 21:15

during the booking a second box comes up for an discount or offer code please leave this blank, only the first access code is required

Regards
Sam

1 - 2 of 2 Posts