Honda XRV Forum banner

201 - 220 of 247 Posts

·
Registered
10,746 Posts
Ohhh i can feel a lot of overtime coming up over winter.I sooo want to do that.

Unfortunatly next year a lot of things are happening for us.My parents 50th wedding anniversary,Debs "big" birthday,holiday in germany...
but

i think that idea is brilliant:thumbup:joining the 2 rides up is genious:toothy10:
and i will try my hardest to join you guys

p.s.Thanks for your hard work.At least i am not the only one anymore who gets called strange names:hitler::hitler:

·
Matron
12,080 Posts
I can't commit to doing the ride, and because my new job is extremely busy and it doesn't appear there will be any reprieve with the current state of the health service I am not sure how much organising I will be able to do (although it appears that I'm surplus to requirement anyway)

I am more than happy to sit on comms again if there is a need next year, I did help out quite a few of the riders this year so it wasn't a wasted sleepless night

·
Nexus 6
1,320 Posts
I'm more than happy for everyone to remain in post - I've never had a problem with them or what they've done - as already said, in fact the opposite so well done guys for riding this out...... :blob8:

I'm in for the saltire + breakout god help us - Raymo this may prove to be the stupidest idea yet my boy!

·
Registered
379 Posts
How about starting and finishing the Saltire bit at JOG?

The route could be almost exactly the same as you go within a couple of miles of JOG anyway.

and then the finish could end up with the LEJOG riders.:D

I wonder about the wisdom of involving the Lothian and Borders Police. If the Police are aware/involved then they will be compelled to make sure the 'Official Event' is properly policed, and that may involve paying them for their assistance.:hitler:

I guess this has already been thought of, but would hate to think that an impending bill or quote from the officials would put the mockers on the ride.

(I've heard of other charity rides which become too big to be policed cheaply so they have been abandoned. I know TLD is still a way off this but it only takes one jobsworth to throw a spanner in the works)

·
Registered
4,162 Posts
i think that idea is brilliant:thumbup:joining the 2 rides up is genious:toothy10:
and i will try my hardest to join you guys

thank you :toothy1:

I love it when a moment of madness comes together

·
Registered
4,162 Posts
I wonder about the wisdom of involving the Lothian and Borders Police. If the Police are aware/involved then they will be compelled to make sure the 'Official Event' is properly policed, and that may involve paying them for their assistance.:hitler:
)
they are aware of everything.. this is a police state :)

anyway.. Police bikers are ok.. ( dont tell em I said that ):angel10:

I guess we are talking about informing rather than 'paid policing'

·
Registered
4,162 Posts
I'm more than happy for everyone to remain in post - I've never had a problem with them or what they've done - as already said, in fact the opposite so well done guys for riding this out...... :blob8:

I'm in for the saltire + breakout god help us - Raymo this may prove to be the stupidest idea yet my boy!
Guess we will need another t shirt.. I'm with stupid :sign3:

:hitler: wooha ha... only need to stop twice with the front marathon tank fitted.... once if I fit the rear too to give 60lt :joker:

this really is silly but just begging to be done :)

·
Registered
4,162 Posts
I can't commit to doing the ride, and because my new job is extremely busy and it doesn't appear there will be any reprieve with the current state of the health service I am not sure how much organising I will be able to do (although it appears that I'm surplus to requirement anyway)

I am more than happy to sit on comms again if there is a need next year, I did help out quite a few of the riders this year so it wasn't a wasted sleepless night
always appreciated :)

its a long way off.. Rupert Murdoch may have sold the NHS to the Chinese as we don't need it.. :king:

·
Registered
4,162 Posts
Perhaps not a compromise, but a facilitation to take into account all riders abilities ;)
stop being nice .. it took a stroke of pure madness :eek:ccasion8: :angel10::toothy10:

·
Premium Member
6,168 Posts
Route looks good. I'm not sure why L&B Police would be interested in it as their patch stops at the Firth of Forth near Edinburgh. However if there is a valid reason and you need some introductions I have a few mates in the bike section.

·
Registered
4,162 Posts
We have been lookin at the Saltire Route. We have made a few (okay alot of changes), the route now starts and finishes further north, which will take some amazing roads i.e the highest road in the UK. The overall route is about 700Miles.

But the route can be shorten to just over 600, if some corners are cut.

A834 to A834 - Google Maps
that's a cracking route.. takes in some of the best roads.. see you at 1600hrs at the mid point after the 12hr ride from Lands end :) :cool:

·
Fine, upstanding member
2,296 Posts
How about starting and finishing the Saltire bit at JOG?
Because John O Groats is the worst town in Scotland. It won a prize in 2010 to prove it. It's really horrible and there's nothing there.

Double bluff, Axe. L&B are in as participants. That guarantees no interfering from any other feds. Mind you, from my conversation with the Met this year, the advice was they weren't interested in any fewer than 500 bikes. Furthermore, from following police riders, they seem to have a healthy contempt for speed limits...

·
Registered
4,162 Posts
Because John O Groats is the worst town in Scotland. It won a prize in 2010 to prove it. It's really horrible and there's nothing there.

totally agree.. there is nowt there. Thurso and camp on the beach front , did that a few years ago on my first visit to Jog.. thought.. fcuk this and kept riding...

·
Registered
379 Posts
Ok, Just figured as there is a pub, a campsite (with reasonable facilities), and a hotel it would be a good place for the meet at the end of the two rides, be a shame for there to be 2 meets when we are going to be so close together at the end, I can't see many E2E ers turning round at JOG to do another 100 miles to go and meet up with the Saltire group. (but you never know)

Double bluff, Axe. L&B are in as participants. That guarantees no interfering from any other feds. Mind you, from my conversation with the Met this year, the advice was they weren't interested in any fewer than 500 bikes. Furthermore, from following police riders, they seem to have a healthy contempt for speed limits...
That's good, I'm sure (IIRC) the advice from the police for TLD09 was all negative regarding marshalling, if thats already been considered then thats ace. Agreed 100% about police riders contempt for speed limits, I've followed a couple more than once at considerably more than 70Mph on the M60 round Manchester, as long as you keep in formation with them then they don't seem to mind :) :)

·
Registered
4,162 Posts
I can't see many E2E ers turning round at JOG to do another 100 miles to go and meet up with the Saltire group. (but you never know)
Some will be doing both :)

mind you the trouble with the 'new' Saltire route is that it takes in some awesome and very scenic routes, and so the pace is slow , as you are slowing down or even stopping to take pictures... so it may be LE to the Saltire run , as it takes in Jog anyway, then a very late supper :happy3:

May do the Saltire this year just to see how long ..... as its right on the door Step.. ( with out Stonehaven and the Slug road though, Unless LWR is up for it :thumbup:

just mention Durness to Ullapool and that's Francis Geoff hooked :angel8:

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
great to see all the toys tidied up of the floor finally:cheers: and excellent news that all the organisers are back in the game and willing to herd alll the cats again(raymo's expression)

the updated route/map posted up covering the salty bit looks loads better.... now where can i hire a pan-euro:p

·
Registered
4,162 Posts
great to see all the toys tidied up of the floor finally:cheers: and excellent news that all the organisers are back in the game and willing to herd alll the cats again(raymo's expression)

is there an updated route/map posted up anywhere covering the salty bit....:p
post 200 from barry

its a peach :)

guess it's LE to the start point doing the bottom left of the flag then on to JOG, turn left and complete the flag ending up at the start.. who needs a sat nav...

or just le jog then back to the saltire start -end to hook up with the flag folk?

cats, pussies... all the same to me :blob8:

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
post 200 from barry

its a peach :)

guess it's LE to the start point doing the bottom left of the flag then on to JOG, turn left and complete the flag ending up at the start.. who needs a sat nav...

or just le jog then back to the saltire start -end to hook up with the flag folk?

cats, pussies... all the same to me :blob8:
cheers ray but straight after i posted i found the post you mentioned and had a look then felt like a buffoon for asking for something that was already up....DOH!....

so i edited my original post and after seeing the huge distance involved (like chief brody first clapping eyes on the great white)

"i think we're gonna need a bigger bike"

·
Registered
4,162 Posts
"i think we're gonna need a bigger bike"

you wont be stonking along.. the A road from Jog to Durness is single track most of the way....

scenic too... it all is... no matter what the weather

the Alp will be fine....

Plenty of photo & fag stops too..

fuel is the issue at the top so fuel up in Inverness Wick Thruso then Ullapool..

work on a 40-50 average mph then there is the Cairngorm sections.....

Spittle of Glen Shee

then the Lecht..

not to mention the loch ness section ( southern shore is more sceinic but B roads ) as I said A stonking route Barry :)

201 - 220 of 247 Posts