Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Administrator
1,780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to the NEC show today, and had a look at the design exercise that's been talked of as the new AT. I had to peer through the ersatz "mud", but I suspect Honda will need to do a lot of relocation of sensors, or provide a much larger "sumpguard" before the bike could be used off-road in anger.
Here's a pic I took ... not very clear but lurking under the mud are 3 or 4 sensors and their associated wiring, not to mention a couple of rads and an oil-cooler. It all looks very vulnerable to me !
And it's not a vee-twin :confused:

Attachments

·
Registered
755 Posts
Probably a guess on their part, I leafed thru 'Bike' magazine at One-Stop today (didn't buy it as I didn't see enough in it to warrant a buy ;) ) and they're guessing a 750 parallel twin rather than the 1000 that seems to be mooted in most print / online sources...

Going up against the Tiger 800 and the GS 800, I guess that they're guessing :)

Also, yes - either way it's not a V-twin, ask any Beemer boxer enthusiast what they think about the new GS's ;)

If the reports are good, then I might get a 'True Adventure' in about 10 years time, but if my RD04 goes for a burton in the meantime, I'll look for another one, or an RD07, or, at a push, a TA :)

·
Registered
7,736 Posts
I went to the NEC show today, and had a look at the design exercise that's been talked of as the new AT. I had to peer through the ersatz "mud", but I suspect Honda will need to do a lot of relocation of sensors, or provide a much larger "sumpguard" before the bike could be used off-road in anger.
Here's a pic I took ... not very clear but lurking under the mud are 3 or 4 sensors and their associated wiring, not to mention a couple of rads and an oil-cooler. It all looks very vulnerable to me !
And it's not a vee-twin :confused:
My first, well second thought was 'f.... blimey, I wouldn't want to damage any of the dct malarkey'
First thought was 'that looks sweet' despite the pseudo mud :/

Unusually, for a modern engine, the lh spark plug wasn't central in the head but at an angle from the side. I did wonder if it was a 2 plug design but nothing externally visible on the rh cylinder.....
Then some totty walked past & my attention was diverted ;)

Phil

·
Site Admin
2,420 Posts

·
OVALTEENY !!!
6,063 Posts

·
OVALTEENY !!!
6,063 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Funny you should say about the sensors, because that is what i said to the Honda man on the stand.. He got very shirty and said it was a concept and would never be made. So whats the point in it being there..... You would think that they would like to record peoples input to it, to help give the customers what they want.
I parted with the comment if its never going to be made i may as well go and buy Triumph.

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
them totty's are dangerous ****ers for distracting blokes . one evening I pulled into a filling station and there was a very fine specimen toping up her windscreen wash bottle of her motor probably on her way to a wedding as she had a party dress on her hair and make up done heels the ****ing lot . I got such a horn on me looking at her that I filled up me ould BMW k75rt with diesel . I only managed to get out on the road an she died and yer one gone off to the wedding unaware of the carnage she had caused going around the place looking way to fit :toothy9:

·
Registered
137 Posts
Funny you should say about the sensors, because that is what i said to the Honda man on the stand.. He got very shirty and said it was a concept and would never be made. So whats the point in it being there..... You would think that they would like to record peoples input to it, to help give the customers what they want.
I parted with the comment if its never going to be made i may as well go and buy Triumph.
This ties in what I heard from a Honda dealer. This is only a concept bike and unlikely to be released in 2015.
Also that there are no plans for the the reintroduction of the Africa Twin

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Always look on the plus side it makes our bikes that bit more sought after and the price will stay reasonably lol

1 - 11 of 11 Posts