Honda XRV Forum banner
2K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  dod 
#1 · (Edited)
Ok ,it's the middle of winter and before I go into a freekin' coma with this freeze-up. I though this might generate a bit of heat !!

I need a PROPER XRV750 Replacement ! For some months now I've been excited by the prospect of a bike to properly stand tall on my AT side of the workshop. The CRF1000 , although obviously a great bike in it's self, is no match or replacement for an XRV650/750 (that of course is my own opinion).

I'll will (finances permitting) always keep the old AT along with a Dommie for sentimental reasons. But there's always that hankering for something shiny new, that you always look back at twice before you lock up the doors of the garage for the day ?

The closest thing I've found to make a perfect replacement for the XRV750 has to be the new but yet to arrive Guzzi V85. I went to the London bike show hoping to see one, but no such luck :(. I have though looked closely at those lovely photo's and I have to say, I really believe that's what the new AT should have looked like (and with Ohlins too ! ..really ?). 80 odd bhp, superb style and finish (we hope) I'm guessing not too heavy, maybe 210/215.
I can't wait !.............Mind you I can't wait for the Niken either, but that's got ZERO to do with an XRV has it ? ..........It'll be the end of the year at least before either of these two show their faces, but it's something to think on and maybe cause a bit of heated ?..... no, glowing debate. :)

Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Automotive lighting Car

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
I wont bullshit you man but the paint job is brutal looking . the bit I can see looks good red frame very cool tin work nice lines shit choice of paint though . the spray painter wants strangling with his air line :D hard really to sat anything about a bike until you have rode one I suppose . but they really need curb appeal for me but not for most punters . see how well Harley's and bmw gs's sell . the general population are a bunch of bland boring arsehole who with eat drink watch wear ride or drive or even snort any kind of old shit up their nose because they think it will make them cool . I don't get out much well I don't hang out talking to other bike riders meet at least nobody with new iron so recently I saw a 2015 Yamaha xt1200z in silver with blue stripe with all the bells and whistles attached I have to say I was very very impressed so with a big a money in ma pocket it would be one a those in black with red stripe like Nick Sanders rides ( and he don't flock about ) latest's model or else for me the hot favourite the Honda vfr 12000x latest version in black manual or auto ? :cool: or one more a Kawasaki versy 1000 in black I still like the transverse 4 cylinders . but this is not an issue for me right now it's getting hold of food to keep the family few inches of snow around hear right I could chance the car but there might me nothing on the shelf's if the shops will even be open will the delivery lorries get through . got help us all we will starve to death :angel4:

#4 ·
looking at the bike as a whole it looks ok the first photo is like showing someone a photo of their new girlfriends knee and asking what they think . I am not sure how to improve it maybe lime green like the 750s from years ago but leave the frame red ? I used to be a guzzi fan but strictly Japanese iron now I got the euro and American thing out of my system .

#5 ·
Well i like it ... its different and its a twin not like the new so called africa twin NOT ! I didn't pop my name down to 2 things .... im 6.2 and i felt like i was sitting in the bike not on the bike and yes because it was not a V Twin we all love ... apart from that id have one.

The Guzzi looks the nuts the engine are renowned to be grunty and long lasting thou id be dousing it in ACF to keep the muck at bay.

Enjoy it and keep us informed on day to day use. :thumbup:

#6 ·
It seems a re-elaboration of the NTX 650 concept. An acquaintance of mine used to have it. He claimed he was about to cross north Africa (in late 80ies you could do it). They were (I can also see a 750 version) nice appearing machines. I don't know how reliable though. Time will tell for the new model.

I personally don't fancy motorbikes without a chain drive.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.