Honda XRV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
The Angry Pasty Muncher
6,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well we've been hearing about everyday for about the last two years one way or another and i've got to say i've lost interest in all off it and can't be bothered to watch any of it, it's all just done my head in hearing all the usual drivel about over budget, finish times for building etc and now to cap it all 10,000 too few security also heard the security guards they've trained had a 5 day course. What can they have taught them in 5 days, they will simply not be up to it.

We then have the air strikes paranoia SAM sites on tower blocks etc is it me or is it over kill, they won't shoot anything down over a heavily populated area for the risk of civilian casualties and as they have made it common how paranoid they any self respecting terrorist would just bomb Birmingham or Manchester as police from there are being draughted to London ( as are Devon & Cornwall)so there will be less chance of getting caught

The best thing for it for me is the fact that four a fortnight most people will become patroitic and become glued to the TV box which is fantastic news for me.

As while all these people are watching TV i'll be able to go out on the bike on less congested roads and have some fun

·
Premium Member
10,746 Posts
Not sure where you got the 5 day course info from but the guys I been speaking too(the ones which speak English)
had about 2 hours of training. So don't worry it's all in safe hands :toothy1:
Never mind the SAM, I had HMS Ocean sail past my work on Friday and I bet it costs more then £20 to fill that one up :toothy10:

·
SOTGATT
3,522 Posts
I'm particularly worried about the first week of the Olympics.
I'm thinking of renting a scooter.......

Oh .....and any info on Parga in Greece would be appreciated.:-D:eek::eek::cool:

·
Registered
12,768 Posts
I will be glad when it is all over.

·
Bloody furriner
5,010 Posts
I'll be in Amsterdam, shaking my head at the madness at a safe distance, and hoping our local mob^Wpoliticians fail in their rush to bring the circus over here in 2028.

·
Generalissimo Tea Boy
6,040 Posts
I'm working weekend nights near Blackwall Tunnel for the duration. I'm supposed to run about over the borough with my pants on the outside solving problems on the roads.

·
Premium Member
10,746 Posts
I'm working weekend nights near Blackwall Tunnel for the duration. I'm supposed to run about over the borough with my pants on the outside solving problems on the roads.
Oh cool where about ? Since I am next door maybe we can meet up for a coffee

·
Mines a big red one
6,178 Posts
There you go Yen, that will teach you to post things on public websites. :cool::cool:

·
Generalissimo Tea Boy
6,040 Posts
I can walk out one of our doors and stare down at the tunnel mouth (north side).

I thought you were over at the dome.

By the way, is HMS Ocean actually there by the dome because we can't see it even from the 9th floor here?

·
Premium Member
10,746 Posts
I can walk out one of our doors and stare down at the tunnel mouth (north side).

I thought you were over at the dome.

By the way, is HMS Ocean actually there by the dome because we can't see it even from the 9th floor here?
Ys I am at the dome , shame you not on the other side we could go for a coffee. HMS Ocean is down on the Greenwich pier near the Cutty Sark .
Actually I saw the little boat go past the O2

·
Generalissimo Tea Boy
6,040 Posts
Ys I am at the dome , shame you not on the other side we could go for a coffee. HMS Ocean is down on the Greenwich pier near the Cutty Sark .
Actually I saw the little boat go past the O2
I can get to the Cutty Sark easily, the foot tunnel is just down the road from me.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Olympics will be great. Whenthere is a high profile event on take the bike out, everyone else will be watching it so the roads will be empty. You can catch it later on i player or no doubt numerous repeats. Everyones a winner:D

·
Premium Member
10,746 Posts
Olympics will be great. Whenthere is a high profile event on take the bike out, everyone else will be watching it so the roads will be empty. You can catch it later on i player or no doubt numerous repeats. Everyones a winner:D
Not me, working most of august :(

·
Wing Commander
14,437 Posts

·
SOTGATT
3,522 Posts
Bet you're down at Parliament blocking the roads right now, aren't you Cabby (and if not, why not?)

Cabbies Blockade Parliament - Guy Fawkes' blog
Nope!..........Hard to be a carer in Eastbourne and a Taxi Driver in London simultaneously.

Demo should have been sooner and more practical.

As I understand it, they have to have the lanes as a condition of staging the games but a rethink of the turning restrictions across the lanes (especially at traffic lights FFS) would be appropriate as I think that's going to cause the most problems.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts