Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lads

If I sort out a Ferry Deal i.e a good discount would any of our brethren be interested in coming to Ireland for a long , low cost , knees up and a Big Bike Challenge .
This year the event starts on the 28th 29th 30th September 2012. www.paddydakar.com/gallery2011.html
Route would be Pembroke -Rosslare free camping, Free BBQ, €40 for event (tee-shirt and goodie bag, bike sticker) and a serious off road challenge of course and some serious prizes. For example a set of SMPRO rims from CWC and its only November ...........

Ferries Company is up for it just need a ball park numbers wise.
We be honored to have some of the XRV.ORG.UK heads at next year’s event.

Jonny

·
Premium Member
273 Posts
It's a long way off and a lot could happen in the next 11 months but baring disaster (such as the bike not working or such like) I'm thinking this will be a great way to mark my 40th birthday (I turn 40 mid August).

Put my name down and keep me posted. :)

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk

·
it's about an hour......
2,198 Posts
I could be up for it. So add my name to the list. All depends on a lot of factors but Im interested.

·
Wing Commander
14,437 Posts
Tempted.

·
Premium Member
273 Posts
Jonny, I'm trying to convince one of my work colleagues to join me next year on this event, he rides a Harley Davidson MT350 amongst other things (R100GS Basic and an Aermacchi 350ss with a Manani racing frame). Would his MT350 be eligible for entry to the PaddyDakar? If so, would you mind at all if he posted details of the event on the MT Owners forum?

·
Registered
459 Posts
This would be a great opportunity to combine a fun event with the yearly XRV.ORG get together\\\\free camping, Free BBQ, €40 for event (tee-shirt and goodie bag, bike sticker) a serious off road challenge,and we all get to see Ireland.:thumb::thumbup: :thumb::thumbup: :thumb::thumbup:
It gets my vote.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Myself and a few lads from Xrvireland.org will be taking part this year. It would be great to link up with anyone that makes the trip. See you lads there. :thumbup:

·
OVALTEENY !!!
6,063 Posts
Myself and a few lads from Xrvireland.org will be taking part this year. It would be great to link up with anyone that makes the trip. See you lads there. :thumbup:
I'm hoping to get over with another one

·
Registered
376 Posts
This looks like a great excuse to get away for a few days! I saw a GSXr in one of the pics, surely thats a sign of a true adventure seeker. Just wondering what kind of discount can be got on the ferries as I have worked out that getting our bikes in the back of a transit (I know I should ride but the cider carrying capacity of a transit is immense!) and driving to the ferry at fishguard will take a few hours from Bristol and ferry costs are around £400. Would be good to get the costs worked out early doors! My AT will love it but I wonder if my mate will nake it on his Ducati hypermotard? Guess he will have to buy a XL500 or something to do it if not!!

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
Very, very, very interesting national at the begining of the month :rolleyes:

·
OVALTEENY !!!
6,063 Posts
Team XRV UK vs Team XRV Ireland then

G

·
could be up this. not the off roading malarky but a good ride round the emerald isle again

Paul

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 66 Posts