Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
A Scotsman....
773 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just a thought............... :rolleyes:

If all the threads go quite about the routes for a week or 2 maybe 3, i guess we make the call on the route, as all that is going to said has been said............ Yea

Just means we can start looking at the logictics and stuff........ and hopefully not have any last minute things to deal with

·
Senile member, who r u ?
1,364 Posts
Re: The Route FAO Tom

Is it worth putting out a post saying that once the polls close, the committee will have a discussion and announce the TLD route once they have made their decision. Just in case peeps think that the polls are going to dictate the route. If you have already please ignore, there are so many threads going on at the moment it's hard to keep up.

·
Sir FallofaLott
5,060 Posts
I think that's reasonable. After a few prods if there is no more to be said, then there's no more to be said and I dont think we can be criticised for saying we now feel everyone has had a fair crack at the discussion, the polls have been allowed to run to where theyre now exhausted and the organisers now want to get on and start looking at logistics.

I'd hesitate to put a post up saying we're going to decide regardless of the polls outcome. I think that will be seen by some as just being provocative - IF we eun into logistical problems that we CANT overcome to make the ride work, I think that's the point to go back to the forum and say what the score is.

I cant see any particular logistical problems that are going to be insurmountable with any of the rides that are up for discussion. But then again, we havent started to drill down into them yet.

·
Senile member, who r u ?
1,364 Posts
Fair point Tom :thumbup: As I seem to have quite a bit of time on my hands at the moment, as no bugger is moving house and wants a mortgage, I have been contacting a few companies that do t-shirt printing and the like. I have found a guy in St Albans, which is close by, and I am going over with my TLD 2008/09/10 t-shirts to show what we are looking for, he also knows a printer in Hemel for the decals. Also had a email from another guy who says he can do the lot and is sending me a quote based on last years design. Will report back with my findings later, and or pass it on to whoever will be responsible for arranging this.

·
A Scotsman....
773 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited by Moderator)
I'd hesitate to put a post up saying we're going to decide regardless of the polls outcome. I think that will be seen by some as just being provocative - IF we eun into logistical problems that we CANT overcome to make the ride work, I think that's the point to go back to the forum and say what the score is.
So idealy, we should start look at the basics of the towers and peaks, with the towers being the first option as it has the most votes so far and is few votes ahead :rolleyes:

Just thinkin it may save some time later, so we dont get so much done and come across something we can get around, then having to start over with an route, then time is against us.

As this will affect a number of things

MAWF website,
T-Shirts
Decals
and others

just trying to do a little forward planning :confused: it hurts :D

·
A Scotsman....
773 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have a spreadsheet/Database done already for TLD2011, as the route really make no odds there,

So i recall 52 being booked ;)

·
Matron
12,080 Posts
I think that's reasonable. After a few prods if there is no more to be said, then there's no more to be said and I dont think we can be criticised for saying we now feel everyone has had a fair crack at the discussion, the polls have been allowed to run to where theyre now exhausted and the organisers now want to get on and start looking at logistics.

I cant see any particular logistical problems that are going to be insurmountable with any of the rides that are up for discussion. But then again, we havent started to drill down into them yet.

Tom and all, the polls have been set to finish in September haven't they, I've got to be honest from past history I would say let them run. If you close them early to make the decision you will have complaints and we will be back to square one.

Personally I'd not have let the polls re-run but I wasn't here to make that call, there was at least 6 weeks notice for everyone that the polls were going to be run and closed the day before the ride, the inital post detailing this was put up by me May the 13th the poll was opened on 31st may and closed 18th June. They had plenty of time, just because they didn't like the ride then that doesn't mean that the poll is invalid.

Also those that voted were in main riders of this years event.

But that's water under the bridge so lets not re-hash, we have said they will run until September, we should let them run until this date. Anything else is just asking for criticism

1 - 8 of 8 Posts