Honda XRV Forum banner
2K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  Whealie 
#1 ·
OK, OK, before someone else (Vader) comes along to tell you all I decided to lay my bike down for a short rest, I'll come clean.
It was a low speed spill - all my fault. I was heading along this lovely country lane, enjoying the ride, when I suddenly realised I need to do a sharp right turn. I braked heavily but over shot the turn, then, stupidly, decided to make it anyway. About 2 1/2 feet of the left side of the road was 3 inches deep in mud, crud, decomposing leaves and twigs and who knows how much animal shit? So into I skidded into it and decided I'd lie down and wait for the others (slowcoaches).
The crash bars once again saved the day.

Lord Vader managed to wipe the grin from his face just long enough to pick the bike off my leg and we soon had it righted and were on our way again - we need to get back to Ryka's urgently so Vader could phone Chad and the pair could have a joke at my expense. Chad insisted I was using my GPS and Gameboy, which was why I'd come off. Bloody good score I got. :D
Anyway, the route we took proved a success. There was one really narrow track that was running with surface water and was well-pitted. That produced a few bottom-clenching moments - which made it all the more annoying to have stayed upright throughout all those and come off on an easy corner.
The route we took is here (in yellow)

I came off at the far left, top right hand bend.
We had a laugh though and it was good to see new boy Rob (Evansr) out with us on his well-sprung Varadero.

As you can see, Lord Vader is still laughing (even behind that half-hearted attempt at a beard).
Then, as we left, the sun came out and I had to stop on the way home to remove a layer and put my summer gloves on.
As for injuries, my thumb hurts (nearly as much as my pride).

See less See more
#5 ·
What whealie "forgot" to mention was the "speed" he took us along the lanes:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: .All i wanted to do was give my @ a gentle run out,thank god whealie was wearing his "glow in the dark" jacket and waited kindly sort of every 5 min for us.I still dont have a clue where we went along as i did not have time to look around.The only reason we sort of kept up was we took most corners flat out ,even blind ones as we still could see the yellow glow from whealie so there could not have been any traffic.Next time i am going to take the vara at least i can catch up than on the straight bits:D .
Never mind high speed knee down cornering,Whealie gets his elbow down(and Shoulder:D :D )
Glad to hear you ok,How is the old body today?A bit black and blue???:blackeye:

#6 ·
Just hope we did not scare rob(evansr)away with our ride out tricks:D
Very nice Vara the man rides.With the new suspension he's got in there she is nearly as tall as my @.:cool: :cool:
And she sounds so sweet with scorpion cans

#7 ·
Sore thumb only - and the weird thing is that my thumb never hurt at all at the time. My leg is fine - not even bruised. Must have pushed my thumb back a bit when the handlebar hit the ground?
Speed? What speed? A quiet Sunday morning bimble. You should try following Fewtrees.

#8 ·
According to the Sat Nav, including the down time, we averaged 33 mph over the circuit. That's about right, because it took us about an hour and was just over 33 miles.
Next time, I'll get myself a few places to stop and take some pics of you guys coming by. Some of those narrow roads with the banks up each side and the trees overhanging would be great shots.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.