Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
bigtrailie admin
4,710 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whilst happily walking the dog at a local jaunt and deep in conversation with Hudders on the phone a car screetched to a holt just outside the gates of the park I was at, then there was aload of shouting and a woman screaming ......I hung up on hudders and ran to check out the commotion.
When I got to the road side there was a bloke with his hands around a young womans throat pushing her up against the side of the car to the point that her feet had left the ground, I ran over, pulled the guy off her and held him at arms length and said to the woman "do you need my help" to which see didn't reply I asked again "do you need my help" and the reply..........."oh just feck off will ya"..........bloody charming I thought and left them to get on with it......the only saving grace was that Jake (my little west highland terrier) tried to have a bit out of the blokes ankle

There's nowt as strange as folk

:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

·
Registered
2,600 Posts
It's a shame mate, what do you do? Walk on by? The pity would be when you read in the papers next week body found locally. :confused:
You did the right thing, but obviously weren't required. I would have shouted over rather than intervene, but situations can be different.
No matter where you are in this country, that saying fits every time, nought funny as folk!

·
Deer Dodger
3,199 Posts
Good on yer mate :thumbup:

Could have been a worse scenario had you not reacted :thumbup::thumbup:

Must admit -- I thought this thread had something to do with the Scotland V England game today :D:D:D:D

Not much noise in the corners :D:D

·
SOTGATT
3,522 Posts
If you save her from him she'll just find another one the same....character trait.

by the way.......She pinched yer aRse too didn't she....:)

·
SHW'MAE BUTT
3,270 Posts
Hang on abit just read your quote and there are things which dont add up, 1) Man beating up woman, yes I can see this, probably burnt the dinner and has not washed the dishes. 2)you hung up on Hudders, this is unacceptable ,Hudders helps with bike recovery offers you sound advice and abuse. And 3) you say you ran!, did he have a bacon butty in his other hand???

I hung up on hudders and ran

Dc we need to have a talk on this running thing :D:D:D:D:D

·
Premium Member
10,746 Posts
Hang on abit just read your quote and there are things which dont add up, 1) Man beating up woman, yes I can see this, probably burnt the dinner and has not washed the dishes. 2)you hung up on Hudders, this is unacceptable ,Hudders helps with bike recovery offers you sound advice and abuse. And 3) you say you ran!, did he have a bacon butty in his other hand???

Dc we need to have a talk on this running thing :D:D:D:D:D
Oh you nasty welsh person you,no need to pick on poor DC cause you guys can not play rugby:rolleyes::D:D:D

·
Generalissimo Tea Boy
6,031 Posts
Speak to any policeman and they all say the reason they hate domestics is that as soon as they turn up waving their truncheons, the victim and the abuser usually both team up and turn on them.:D

·
Premium Member
7,170 Posts
Whilst happily walking the dog at a local jaunt and deep in conversation with Hudders on the phone a car screetched to a holt just outside the gates of the park I was at, then there was aload of shouting and a woman screaming ......I hung up on hudders and ran to check out the commotion.
When I got to the road side there was a bloke with his hands around a young womans throat pushing her up against the side of the car to the point that her feet had left the ground, I ran over, pulled the guy off her and held him at arms length and said to the woman "do you need my help" to which see didn't reply I asked again "do you need my help" and the reply..........."oh just feck off will ya"..........bloody charming I thought and left them to get on with it......the only saving grace was that Jake (my little west highland terrier) tried to have a bit out of the blokes ankle

There's nowt as strange as folk

I'd say it was a brave thing to do, and the RIGHT thing to do.

I certainly commend you on having the patience to stop the situation (without lumping him) to ask if she needed your help; I wouldn't have thought of that!

Well done DC, it takes bottle to walk into a situation like that :thumbup:

Respec' geezer :D

·
Should know better
2,980 Posts
I'd say it was a brave thing to do, and the RIGHT thing to do.

I certainly commend you on having the patience to stop the situation (without lumping him) to ask if she needed your help; I wouldn't have thought of that!

Well done DC, it takes bottle to walk into a situation like that :thumbup:

Respec' geezer :D
Wot he said :thumbup:. I guess you just can't help some peeps, but better than just walking on by.

·
bigtrailie admin
4,710 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Just to clarify, It wasn't really about being brave (I don't want to get my head caved in any more than the average person) more the case that you couldn't just walk on by a situation like that (and the fact I'm very nosey :rolleyes:)

J - Ok you got me it was more of a trot than a run......if I try to run there's so much flesh moving about I'm liable to do myself an injury ......and as it turned out although I thought I'd hung up on hudders as I'd walked away from the situation I thought I could hear voices .....turns out I hadn't hung up at all and hudders had be there as back up all along :rolleyes:

·
Registered
4,811 Posts
Agreed, it sounds like you did exactly the right thing. And brave? I'll say. He was agitated and could easily have turned on you. Respect, mate.
:thumbright:

(In some situations it may be worth taking a photo on your mobile before you intervene as evidence in case things turn against you, e.g. they claim he wasn't strangling her, you made an unprovoked attack or whatever. However, that's an easy thing to say from the comfort of my home; much more difficult when someone's being strangled before your very eyes. Each case on it's merits.)

·
SHW'MAE BUTT
3,270 Posts
Russ on a more serious not don't do it again, Normally people who pick on women are tapped in the head and nasty ferkers, you don't want to have a kicking late at night by a gang of loosers. So be good just take pickies and phone the fuzz. :thumbup:

Other wise I will get Sharrie to lecture you on why you should not smoke.

·
bigtrailie admin
4,710 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I ought to know better really considering about 25 years ago I was outside the Nottingham Palais where I saw a bloke giving his missus a slap, so I decided to step in and give the bloke a smack, on doing so his missus started whacking me with her bag shouted the bouncers over who then dragged me down the side of the Palais and kicked my friggin head in :confused:
fortunately I was drunk enough for it not to hurt too much (until the following morning)

Oh they were the days :confused:

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Hi Russ
All this sounds like something that happened to a friend of mine some years ago.

similar scenario only the guy is knocking 7 bells out of his girlfriend.. me mate ran over and dragged the guy off and started giving him a a paggling
at which point the girl takes her stiletto off and rams it into me mates head(requiring 11 stitches)

he was as perplexed by this as you seemed to be in your first post and by talking to lasses who do have boyfriends with short tempers and and over-active fists he found out that the lass in the situation HAD to defend her boyfriend even if she didn't want to because it could potentially save her from another savage beating when he got her home.

very sad situation for the lass to be in but apparently more common than we might suppose....

·
Registered
12,768 Posts
A few years ago a man intervened in a similar fight between a man and woman, the pair stabbed him and ran off laughing leaving him to die in the gutter.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts