5,060 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Best as I can figure out, as of now, the tally stands at

TLD Justgiving total - £6225.00
PDSquires justgiving - £1445.01
Carol Nash cheque - £3300

That's £10,970 actual cash raised.

PLUS - £1423.91 in Gift Aid

means we've got £ 12,393.92 so far (including the Gift Aid).

:thumbright: :thumbright: :thumbright:

We need to think about presenting a cheque to MAWF. My suggestion would be we set a date for a month or two and book a slot in the Ace Cafe and do it there.

It will also give us a chance to thank the Ace for their hospitality and support. It was just what the doctor ordered - rocking up to the Ace at 6 in the morning, to be met with a hot cup of tea and a bacon sandwich, served to you the minute you walked in the door. Classic. I also think we should give them a T-Shirt at the same time if we have one spare?

Thoughts?

·
Registered
12,768 Posts
I think a cheque presentation at the Ace would be an excellent Idea.:thumbup:

·
Registered
10,746 Posts
Good thinking:thumbup:
As it happened i spoke to the (well one of them:rolleyes:) Manager at the Ace yesterday.He said if we would like in future to end our Charity runs at the Ace they would like to help us to promote the event even more and maybe make a whole day thing out of it.He even mentioned music(Band?) and so on.

So why not approach the event manager(forgot her name:rolleyes:) about the cheque presentation and see where would be the best slot to fit us in

·
Registered
12,768 Posts
As LV says they did mention that if we anted to end a Charity ride at the Ace they would quite happily make it a day long event, for us.
I therefore propose we pursue this for future events.

·
Registered
291 Posts
On a serious note £12,393.92 is fantastic :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup: and once again CONGRATULATIONS to all the TLD riders :salute:

Debs

·
XRV750 RD04
1,549 Posts
Sorry to go off topic, but does anyone have a link so I can make a small donation online? I haven't been able to yet as I needed to see how much my dental treatment was going to cost today first, but just got back and would like make a donation with what little I've got left over (won't be a lot as I'm skint at the moment what with dentists and insurance this month, but every bit helps I guess).

Last year there were lots of links to a website to donate floating around the forum but I must have missed them this year.

EDIT>> Just found : http://www.justgiving.com/ which I think was the one, but not sure how to dontate to TLD through there (on the tld website the just giving button says "We are currently having some problems retrieving your information" ?)

Ahh..Just found it http://www.justgiving.com/thelongestday2009/ - what a numpty.

It looks like the graphic button on the TLD website isn't working at the moment - only the text link.

·
XRV750 RD04
1,549 Posts
Thanks digitalcaptive. Sorted :thumbup:

Someone might want to have a look on the TLD website at that button though. I don't know if it's just a temporary glitch, but the big donate button on the right just leads directly to the just giving website and not to the longest day page there. Just incase anyone else is trying to donate through that button and gets lost too.

P.S. Well done everyone who took part in this too! That's a LONG ride!

·
Registered
114 Posts
Thats great :thumbup::thumbup:

Lets keep it up and have a final push . I know we can get more .

When do we have unitl ? 21st july ? aug ? sept ?

·
Wing Commander
14,437 Posts
Thats great :thumbup::thumbup:

Lets keep it up and have a final push . I know we can get more .

When do we have unitl ? 21st july ? aug ? sept ?
Last year we did it at the National, but Ullapool is along way for Make-a-wish to travel so the Ace is a good idea. And they were brill for organising that and opening for us.

I suggest we continue collecting for a couple more months and try for a September date at the Ace. Don't forget it could even be an evening weekday as there would still be daylight then.

·
Gelände Straße
3,037 Posts
The closing date for donations is (and has been since the beginning) 3 months after the event, as last year – so that makes it 21st September. I think it used to say that on the JG page but they've moved everything around now so maybe it doesn't anymore :rolleyes:

I'm aware the widget on The Longest Day 2009 - Edinburgh to London...the long way round isn't linking to the donations page at the moment, but there's still issues with the JG website and I cant resolve it at the moment. Working ok as a visitor but not as an administrator.

·
Sir FallofaLott
5,060 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Ok, I've just spoken to Carl, the guy I was dealing with to organise the early opening ... I thanked him personally for his support and so pass on our gratitude to his staff, who were awesome. I'm going to type up a nicely worded email so he can print it out and display.

Ok, I asked about Sunday 20th September as the presentation day. It's Cruiser bike sunday that day, but he said get the request in writing and they'll work with it. He doesn't seem to think it's a problem.

I also spoke to Laura from MAWF ... they would need about 3 weeks notice of any presentation to attend.

I am therefor proposing we set the date and time for the presentation as

11.00am Sunday 20th September, at the Ace Cafe.

I'll put it in writing to all concerned now, and get confirmation as soon as possible.

That also gives people plenty of time to make arrangements to be free/available on the day.

Agreed? (The more notice I can give the Ace and MAWF in writing the better)

·
Wing Commander
14,437 Posts
Ok, I've just spoken to Carl, the guy I was dealing with to organise the early opening ... I thanked him personally for his support and so pass on our gratitude to his staff, who were awesome. I'm going to type up a nicely worded email so he can print it out and display.

Ok, I asked about Sunday 20th September as the presentation day. It's Cruiser bike sunday that day, but he said get the request in writing and they'll work with it. He doesn't seem to think it's a problem.

I also spoke to Laura from MAWF ... they would need about 3 weeks notice of any presentation to attend.

I am therefor proposing we set the date and time for the presentation as

11.00am Sunday 20th September, at the Ace Cafe.

I'll put it in writing to all concerned now, and get confirmation as soon as possible.

That also gives people plenty of time to make arrangements to be free/available on the day.

Agreed? (The more notice I can give the Ace and MAWF in writing the better)
Good work Tom. It's in my diary.

I'll bring the banner (which is still strapped to my bike as I have not ventured into the garage since yesterday morning):D

·
Fine, upstanding member
2,296 Posts
Best as I can figure out, as of now, the tally stands at

TLD Justgiving total - £6225.00
PDSquires justgiving - £1445.01
Carol Nash cheque - £3300

That's £10,970 actual cash raised.

PLUS - £1,423.91 in Gift Aid

means we've got £ 12,393.92 so far (including the Gift Aid).

:thumbright: :thumbright: :thumbright:

We need to think about presenting a cheque to MAWF. My suggestion would be we set a date for a month or two and book a slot in the Ace Cafe and do it there.

It will also give us a chance to thank the Ace for their hospitality and support. It was just what the doctor ordered - rocking up to the Ace at 6 in the morning, to be met with a hot cup of tea and a bacon sandwich, served to you the minute you walked in the door. Classic. I also think we should give them a T-Shirt at the same time if we have one spare?

Thoughts?
Don't forget DoctorLaw! She's raised £1,190 plus £284.87 in Gift Aid. And have you included my Gift Aid of about £405?

I make that £14,273.79

If everyone who rode can raise another £14 we've got £15,000! :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

1 - 20 of 188 Posts