Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
The Angry Pasty Muncher
6,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
NO offense to any welsh individuals on here it's not your fault !!!!!!!!

When going into Wales over the bridge i saw the car price £5.40 ( i think) i get to the toll booth and pay £10.20. "sir, it's a four wheel drive" the reply "but it's only in 2 wheel drive" fell on deaf ears....................

I knew i had to renew my driving license this year as the photocard licenses only last 10years. At christmas i went to post some parcels and picked up a renewal form, the license would cost £17.50. Today DVLA send me a pack of renewal forms license will cost £20:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:.................​

Do the welsh have a vendetta against me:(:(

·
Mines a big red one
6,178 Posts
Car price is £5.50 and the tolls are extracted by a French firm I think for central government.

DVLA isn't Welsh it's run by central government so your beef is with the ENGLISH parliament.

We await your apology. :D:D:D

·
The Angry Pasty Muncher
6,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Car price is £5.50 and the tolls are extracted by a French firm I think for central government.

DVLA isn't Welsh it's run by central government so your beef is with the ENGLISH parliament.

I apolagise sincerely
However it is located in Wales:p:p:p
So i'm blamming the welsh anyway
just to make me feel better:grin::grin::grin::grin::grin:

·
geriatric
2,474 Posts

·
Stone Crazy
5,310 Posts
At least it is only a quid to get out of Cornwall on the tamar bridge, soon to go up though, but free to get in again, and only £5.50 to escape cornwall with an artic

·
The Angry Pasty Muncher
6,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
at least it is only a quid to get out of cornwall on the tamar bridge, soon to go up though, but free to get in again, and only £5.50 to escape cornwall with an artic
free on a motorcycle
but why would anyone want too;););)

·
Registered
12,768 Posts
Should we not be getting a discount, after all DVLA was only moved there to give the welsh some work?
They should be grateful.

·
yet another Dave
2,854 Posts
just an idea............................................

YouTube - Pennies for Tollbooth Guy
a great idea but im afraid in the UK small change and postage stamps are only compulsoryly acceptable legal tender up to certain ammounts and vendors are well within their rights to refuse to accept it.

Coins are legal tender for the following amount:
£5 (Crown) - for any amount
£2 - for any amount
£1 - for any amount
50p - for any amount not exceeding £10
25p (Crown) - for any amount not exceeding £10
20p - for any amount not exceeding £10
10p - for any amount not exceeding £5
5p - for any amount not exceeding £5
2p - for any amount not exceeding 20p
1p - for any amount not exceeding 20p

strange but true, a tiny law that sneaked in in the eighties to stop disgruntled folk paying the poll tax in loose change. i bet some of you didnt even know there was such a beast as a £5 or 25p coin? and that whiskey bottle or jam jar full of coppers we all have is technically worthless

·
Registered
4,456 Posts
I hate paying the tenner it cost as I use my van, especially while showin the Welsh flag, I thought it was just the English invaders who get charged. But Ive been across so many time for free on my bike I guess Im ahead:cyclopsani:

·
Premium Member
7,170 Posts

So shouldn't you lot be paying double to use OUR bridge???

:toothy10:

·
Captain unsensible.......
2,553 Posts
it annoys me that i have to pay £10.90 to get my pick up across the bridge when all the other tolls charge as a car. still, we won at the rugby so its worth it to go and let them know.........

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

·
SHW'MAE BUTT
3,270 Posts
Pah,you can not scare me away with comments like this:rolleyes::toothy10::toothy10::toothy10:
Pete we have these little members of Dai taliban

and then there is the rear guard

Welshman trying to get across the Bridge in to Devon.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts