Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
bike nut
1,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well not quite my bucket, rather my Transalp :mad:

its leeking coolant out of it, took a picture to save trying to explain

so between the cylinders there is that metal tube/pipe connecting them together, just under the carbs.

have spoke with my local garage and they have confirmed its just for transfering coolant between the cylinders.

anyone else had this problem?????

it was weeping slightly before today, but had a look today after a quick run and there was more then usual on the engine :(

help........

·
bike nut
1,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
this must be a fairly commen problem on the TA

im sure my old TA used to leek some

anyone had this problem? i know theres those two rubber rings to seal it, but the question is how do you access them???

what work is needed in order to change them????

:happy3::happy3::happy3::happy3::happy3::happy3::happy3:

·
Premium Member
6,922 Posts
I think that if you remove the two spring clips, you can then move the connecting tube one way or the other. If you are careful, you should then be able to hook the 'O' ring out of its seat and replace with a new one. Then move the connecting tube to the other side, with its nice new 'O' ring, and replace the other one. This is the method described in the Haynes manual, by the way.

A bit fiddly, but it should be possible.

You will, of course, have to drain the coolant from the engine. But it will probably need changing anyway.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
4,162 Posts
not had that problem before,,
but if you want to put repairing it off for the winter , as it looks a big job suggest Barseal :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts