Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
The Angry Pasty Muncher
6,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A while ago i cancelled my subscription to ride magazine as i thought it was becoming rather pants, several times since cancelling they phoned me and made me different offeres to resubscribe last week they phoned and i said no not interested.

I was in Tesco this evening and thought "wonder if it's got any better" th everdict i've come to is "Not really"

The dilema is i was going to buy a set of heated grips from Hein Gericke for £50 the subscription "free gift" is HEATED GRIPS, i'm now thinking shall i subscribe just to get the heated grips????

There is an article in this mag ( i did buy it) "Adventure motorcycling mythbuster" what you need to take & what you need to know. So that should have me institches for a while if it's like some of there more recent items they've done

·
Should know better
2,980 Posts
"There is no such thing as a free gift" .... :D

·
whys the rum always gone?
17,680 Posts
"There is no such thing as a free gift" .... :D
wise words Lulu:toothy10: if you subscribe just for the heated grips then yes you are a Hipocrite ;)[h=1][/h]

·
The Angry Pasty Muncher
6,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
wise words Lulu:toothy10: if you subscribe just for the heated grips then yes you are a Hipocrite ;)
unfortunatly i started reading it last night and have decided not to subscribe, there is still an awful lot of drivel in that mag

·
17,680 Posts
fortunatly i started reading it last night and have decided not to subscribe, there is still an awful lot of drivel in that mag
fixed:thumbup::D

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
So Jason. Inadvertently or otherwise you have raised a serious moral dilemma here. From what I can gather you were strolling through Tesco and abandoned the shopping trolly, probably passing it into the care of SWMBO, while you flicked through the various biking publications on offer.
And the dilemma is this?
How much of a paper/magazine is it OK to read while you're standing in the aisle before you decide to buy it or put it back on the display? Look at the contents page? Check out the pics/centrefold? Read a whole article? Sort through the small ads, taking appropriate tel. no's/e-mails?
Has anyone ever been approached by staff asking them to buy the mag or put it down?
Sorry to go off topic:toothy9:

·
17,680 Posts
Has anyone ever been approached by staff asking them to buy the mag or put it down?
Sorry to go off topic:toothy9:

No but the temptation to do so must be very strong in some shop staff:toothy10::toothy10::toothy10:

·
Señor Member
748 Posts
wise words Lulu:toothy10: if you subscribe just for the heated grips then yes you are a Hipocrite ;)
But at least you'll be a hypocrite with warm hands...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts