Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got a Speed Triple at the moment which I've decided to keep. Looking at gettting a Transalp for one up touring. Good idea or a bad one?

·
geriatric
2,474 Posts
welcome to the forum mate, wise choice of wheels, not sure about the choice of name though, that had a particularly unfortunate alternative meaning once upon a time,unless that is your trade in life?

·
Registered
12,768 Posts
Welcome to the forum.
The Transalp is a great choice for one up touring.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thinking is over, picking one up on the 1st April. Nickname isn't really a nickname, just my rather unfortunate initials and lucky number.

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
Nickname isn't really a nickname, just my rather unfortunate initials and lucky number.
:D:D:D

I have a TA 600: excellent bike. I had always thought them underpowered and overweight, as the specs would have you think. Real world often puts specs sheets in their rightful place: in the bin!! The bike is a very nice ride, plenty of power, or more importantly, torque, weel geared, comfy and pretty economical.

My dad has the 700. Heavier, but power to match, so performance is about the same, if not a bit better. We "toured" Sweden last summer: I was on an XR400. I was so uncomfortable that my next stop was the only considertaion, and I rode at about 50mph for best range. Following me at this speed my dad managed a reproduceable 75mpg!!

Enjoy: one or two-up.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts