Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
51 Buell X1 & 89 Tenere
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am thinking of changing the bars to renthal bars, hhas anyone got an idea of what size and thickness. Is there any way to get rid of that rubber damping shite as well, might be nice on a long journey, but I like it tight (ooooer!)

·
Pleb
1,792 Posts
'Dakar High' pattern Renthals fit 600s and 650s.
The locating pins in the switchgear need cutting off and about 15mm trimming from each end of the bars.

IMPORTANT - the length you cut is crucial, too much and there's not enough room to mount all the controls. So measure twice, cut once as Fred Dibnah would say.

Never tried getting shot of the rubber dampers - might make the bars a bit vibey?

·
51 Buell X1 & 89 Tenere
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Recycler said:
'Dakar High' pattern Renthals fit 600s and 650s.
The locating pins in the switchgear need cutting off and about 15mm trimming from each end of the bars.

IMPORTANT - the length you cut is crucial, too much and there's not enough room to mount all the controls. So measure twice, cut once as Fred Dibnah would say.

Never tried getting shot of the rubber dampers - might make the bars a bit vibey?
I am more used to having spongy hand grips to soak up the vibes, I just don't like the feel of the flexing rubber stuff. Maybe the dampers can be replaced? Or a harder rubber/poly bush type put on there? Has anyone done this?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts