Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 161 Posts

·
Mines a big red one
6,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well looks like I'm the first back. Absolutely brilliant weekend, they just keep getting better and better. We went for rides, had a few sherberts (some more then others, no names yet Debs:D), learned lessons about how bikes won't stand up on their own without the sidestand :D, and so many laughs, as Whealie said elsewhere it was the funniest ever. Lots of new faces as well.

Don't worry pictures to follow.

My thanks to everybody for making it one of the best weekends I've ever had :D:D

Oh yes and there were U turns :rolleyes::rolleyes:

·
Registered
924 Posts
i missed the u-turns in favour of J's ride... which was 100% road ! ... much to everyones astonishment ;)

Brilliant weekend, lots of new faces, great ride down, great ride out, a few beers, Js mysterious teleporting bike (just glad he took it the right way and didnt kill us :thumbright: ) ... fantastic wknd

MANY thanks to Sharrie / Mike / J for their hard work in setting it all up and making a brilliant wknd, thanks guys :cheers: :salute: :cheers: :salute:

·
OVALTEENY !!!
6,063 Posts
We got back just after 4pm

Fantastic weekend once again

Thanks Sharrie and Mike for the excellent preparation

·
SHW'MAE BUTT
3,270 Posts
i missed the u-turns in favour of J's ride... which was 100% road ! ... much to everyones astonishment ;)

Brilliant weekend, lots of new faces, great ride down, great ride out, a few beers, Js mysterious teleporting bike (just glad he took it the right way and didnt kill us :thumbright: ) ... fantastic wknd

MANY thanks to Sharrie / Mike / J for their hard work in setting it all up and making a brilliant wknd, thanks guys :cheers: :salute: :cheers: :salute:
Thanks Chris, I did nowt Sharrie and Mike are the hero's.

That bloody bike of mine moved again at the cafe in Llandovery spooky, good for fuel economy. Always remember loverly people I dont drink and revenge is best served up ICE cold!!! did I say ICE cold :D:D:D:D.

I found where Hudders bought his bike suit from?

I also found this photo of a rodent cant name it for technical reasons :D:D

I think the one on the left might German :D

·
Registered
894 Posts
Were's the pictures????? :confused::confused:

·
SHW'MAE BUTT
3,270 Posts
Were's the pictures????? :confused::confused:
Well theres VADER and Hudders hunting

No doubt as people arrive home they will be posted, some will have to be censored, copied and used as black mail at future events :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup: Brilliant weekend

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
An absolutely fabulous weekend.... Saturday night I laughed so much I thought my sides were going to split!!:D:D

Great company, fantastic rides out.... and my thanks to everyone who was willing and kind enough to play the game of PASS THE PILLION..;) I would have been lost without you.:thumbright: My special thanks to Jacqueslemac for getting me there in the first place and to Yeti for getting me safely back home.

I have never in my life known such and amazing and lovely bunch of people - great to be with everyone again and to meet new friends too.

Big Big thanks to Sharrie and Mike for organising everything and working so hard.:love1:

Can't wait for next one!!!

X :sunny:

·
Wing Commander
14,437 Posts
Set off this morning at 11am and got home at 7pm, completely knackered.

Thanks to all previously mentioned but also to Dee duble yeh for taking us the long way round, which was much more interesting both times.

And also for the classic moment when a few childish boys down the other end of the room started through with their tin foil balls around. DW rolled his eyes and said to me "Grown men, can you believe it?" and I was just leaning forward to to sigh, huff, tut loudly and agree how silly some people are, when a tin foil ball hit me on nose.

And then war broke out.:hitler:

Obviously it was very childish of everyone concerned. And that as pretty much everyone except DW, who hid in the kitchen, and the four who snuck out to cary J's BMW 1200 Adventure up the steps and into the stone cricle so Chad and BObonelegg could dance naked round it beneath a full moon.

You couldn't make this up could you?

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
Catherine and I got haome safe and sound after a great run up the middle with Len, Jean Phill and Vanessa thanks guys :thumbright:

James peeled off hope you made it ok :thumbright:

A huge thank you to Sharrie Jay and Mike without your hard work this would not happen :thumbup:

Great camaraderie pi$$ takin etc etc etc love it :thumbup:

Catherines first proper XRV event and has promised it will not be her last :D

the entertainment of Saturday night was side splitting :toothy3: cheers all

Till the next time :thumbleft:

PS I would also like to thank everyone for their good wishes for our next few weeks of fun and games :thumbleft:

·
Registered
4,811 Posts
OFFICIAL WARNING: In future the following are not permitted to attend the same XRV event:
  • Chad
  • Lord Vader
  • BobOneLeg
  • BarfTone
  • Whealie
Like nuclear material, they are dangerously humorous when separate, but in close proximity they form a critical mass that provokes widespread hilarity and general misbehaviour.

+1 on thanks to Mable's Old Man for organising event and short ride, Sharrie for cooking great food for 30 on a cooker designed for a family of four, J for the long ride, and everyone who mucked in.

Photos...

Meeting at Severn View Services, Aust on the M48.

That is exactly the name of where I said - several times - we should meet. Nevertheless some people found it too confusing.

A brief stop at Tintern Abbey.

The place doesn't look so good since Henry VIII gave it a make over.

Brief stop in the Brecon Beacons.

(We took Route 2 around Mid-Wales, okay? :thumbright: )

James taking a "break". (And yes, it's true. Even with a x18 telephoto lens you still can't see it.)

Everybody wants to spend Friday evening in the Welshmans Arms.

(That's a pub, in case you were wondering.)

WiganChris being shy, as usual.

Saturday ride out.

Paul spots a camera.

Behind you!!!

Len takes his Africa Twin onto the beach at Amroth. Which one for the calendar?

Saturday evening.

They started it!

And they escalated it.

And I wasn't hiding; I was photographing from a safe location.

Sunday ride home.

Some of us took a detour around the Vale of Glamorgan.

·
Registered
12,768 Posts
I hope some of the photos are clean enough for the calendar.

·
bigtrailie admin
4,710 Posts
An absolutely fantastic weekend thanks to all who helped organise it and everyone else for turning up....this year we had the biggest south african contingent ever........thanks guys

Here's just a few of the images of the wonderful scenery in Wales :D

·
Matron
12,080 Posts
Some Pictures to start you off with, I know that others have some far better ones than mine but this is a taster

Our accommodation at Pembroke, well the offices really. With a few early arrivers.

Jay, Vader, Lady Vader, Mom and myself arrived at 2pm, we wanted to be early because we had to do the shopping. Our shopping list.

Breakfast for 2 days
170 Eggs
140 bacon
140 pork Sausages
24 Veggie sausages
2.8 kg Mushrooms

Chilli
4 Kg Mince beef
36 peppers
20 onions
6 bulbs of garlic
12 green chilli peppers
2kg rice
Cumin
8 Beef Oxo
Marmite

Veggie chilli
4 Veggie Oxo
1 cauliflower
2 Broccli
2 Packs Quorn Mince
Marmite
Soy sauce

Other
Salt
Pepper
Cooking oil
1 Jar coffee
1 packet of tea bags
I KG sugar
14 pints milk
12 loafs of bread
10 packets of pitta bread
1 Tub spreadable butter

Some of the others started to arrive

Friday night, we went to the local pub. As the photos will show, clearly there is absolutely no bollox talked at an XRV meet

If your wondering why Piguglyshandydrinker has his had stuffed up Hudders backside, it's our own ventriloquist act
A gootle of geer, a gottle of geer :D

James and Kate, deep in coversation.

Gis us a snog darlin (frad and the lovely Mrs Frad (Catherine)

As you can see we all behaved in an adult and appropriate manner at all times

More to follow

·
Matron
12,080 Posts
I only took a few of our ride on Saturday, but here they are

You will note how well the pannier lids fit onto this lovely GS 800. They even lock into place :D

Just a few thank you's from me. Yes the organising was important BUT this event was a massive success not because of the rides, or the food or the accommodation but because the members of this forum are some of the funniest, silliest, nicest, kindest most generous and at time downright rudest people you will ever meet. I think this weekend just shows what this forum is about, which is the people you meet and friends you make

Big thanks to MoM, Lord Vader, Whealie for cooking with me. Wigan Chris and Jelly for some of the best chopped onions and peppers ever (the peppers were a precision piece of work) DDY for cleaning up behind me :angel9: and everyone who helped wash and clean up, to DC for the stickers and most of all to the marvellous Lady Vader for listening to my bollox for 3 nights running :angel9::angel9::angel9:

The rides were brilliant, the weather held out most of the time and the entertainment was outstanding.

An absolutely outstanding weekend

·
one-legged member
4,493 Posts
What a weekend, I haven't laughed so much in a long time. As others have said many thanks to Mike and Sharrie for great organisation, J for a top rideout on Saturday and Dee Duble Yuh for taking the scenic route there and back :thumbup:

What I find amazing is that 40-odd individuals who have met through a webforum can get together and all get along so well and have such a laugh, stick my name down for next year :cheers:

PS. thanks to DC for sorting the stickers.

1 - 20 of 161 Posts