Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,115 Posts
I paid £6500 for a new one in 1993 the price he's looking for is more than i'd expect to see from a dealer with some warranty' Looks like hes bought it hoping to make some money

·
Registered
280 Posts
I reckon he stands a chance of getting close to his price. If it's history and condition stands up ok; it may be near the price of some new bikes, but some Africa fanatic may snap it up..and it should be very close to an as new machine as you can get..may be an investment if it don't go touring around the world...what would it sell for if it only done another 1,000 mile a year..in 20 years time..shame it's black though...

·
Registered
672 Posts
Potential buyer should take it on a 20,000 mile test ride, return after a year or two and offer 3800 :p

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
At least the new seller did not use the same text and pictures as the previous seller, seen that done before.
The old ad can still be viewed on ebay in the advanced option,

·
Commuter Extraordinaire
467 Posts
The original ad admits it's a bit tired round the edges whereas the current ad bigs it up, so I guess it's been tarted up a bit in the interim. For that sort of money I'd be wanting an immaculate, original, unmolested example with OE exhaust and ideally one or maybe two previous owners. I agree the original price was realistic but the current price.....?:hmph: I'd call myself an AT fan, but this one does nothing for me at that price,

1 - 14 of 14 Posts