Honda XRV Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Please can someone remind me how the cables fit into the pulleys? Just spent a very frustrating 30 mins with them connected but no snap back action at handle bar end.

Really grateful as ever for any guidance.

Thank you

·
Registered
341 Posts
Firstly.. Make sure they are running where they should be. No kinks or tight bends.

Disconnect the 'return' cable from the carb completely.

Set your 'Pull cable' ... Make the cable as slack as possible on both ends of the cable. Then on the Carb side adjust the cable until you get the correct free-play and slack. Keep turning the bars lock to lock to make sure you don't over tighten it. You can 'fine tune it at the throttle side after.

If you can't get it to work at this point then your cables are either incorrectly routed, need lubricating or replacing or your throttle twist grip is sticking.

If it's okay at this point, attach the 'Return' cable and tighten it up until it starts messing things up. Then back it off until it doesn't ! :thumb:

The return cable is just a safety cable..... Some people do away with it completely. However, If you came to me for an MOT and I spotted it, I'd advise it. Someone else might fail it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts