Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do we know if the ferry company will have enough tie downs to cover the 60 bikes on the later ferry?

I do have a set which I will bring though they dont hold as well as the ferry ones.....just a thought though we have booked so they should be prepared.

·
Registered
4,162 Posts
last year they were all there on the deck waitinf for us all new tie-down and nice pads to save oiling ya seat up :thumbup:

and the nice man tie-it down too..

not sure about this year but I will have two with me just incase :angel10:

·
Fine, upstanding member
2,296 Posts
If only it were that many. We're down to about 40 bikes on that ferry, though as they've known the numbers for months, you'd have thought they'd have planned to have comfortably more straps than we need.

·
geriatric
2,474 Posts
They have hundreds of them hanging around.

·
Registered
12,768 Posts
Last year we had the same concerns and they had loads, it didn't seem to be a problem.

Doesnt do any harm to be prepared though, we have the TA centre and bunk in Dunquin and i'm still taking a bivvy just in case ;)
I am also taking a bivi with me but that is incase of emergency on the return ( I get too tired and decide to stop for a snooze).

·
Older, but no wiser!
3,836 Posts

·
The Angry Pasty Muncher
6,170 Posts
Do we know if the ferry company will have enough tie downs to cover the 60 bikes on the later ferry?

I do have a set which I will bring though they dont hold as well as the ferry ones.....just a thought though we have booked so they should be prepared.
Don't tie them down your self, if it then goes over and gets any damage your liable if they do it and cock it up at least you can claim as they are liable

1 - 8 of 8 Posts