Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
xrv750x Pilot
585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Following on from Simon,s posting in the @ section. Hands up everyone who has forgot to refit a part / Fitted wrong way or ends up with an extra box of bolts/ washers or whatever . I will start with me changing both my tyres on my Transalp and when refitting the front wheel onto the Transalp i noticed the tyre was on the wrong way round .fw750x

G

·
I recently change the rear tyre on the dommie. Couldn't figure out why i couldn't get the axle to tighten right. i just walked of and left it for another day, then a few weeks later was looking for something and noticed the spacer for between the wheel and axle sitting ontop of my tool cupboard! Doh!

·
Generalissimo Tea Boy
6,039 Posts
I used to really struggle when putting the rear wheel back in on my GPz750. Spacers used to drop out, had trouble supporting the wheel as I put the axle in, wouldn't all line up etc. One day it went so well I had a warm glow of satisfaction.....until I noticed the chain still laying on the drive, I'd forgotten to put it round the sprocket before putting the axle through.

·
Ninja Thread Hijacker
2,978 Posts
Not me personally ( honest ), but my mate managed to put one of the front calipers back on his Yamaha Divi after a pad change and got the disk in between the back of the pad and the piston.

Rode it for a couple of hundred miles like that !!!! and he did not notice until someone else spotted it.

·
A man without Ale.
2,666 Posts
I am usually very good at not forgetting parts.. I always have nuts left over as I am systematically changing every bolt on the bike to nylocks.. and some times i leave tyre levers in the tyre but that is about it...

·
Older, but no wiser!
3,836 Posts
I recently change the rear tyre on the dommie. Couldn't figure out why i couldn't get the axle to tighten right. i just walked of and left it for another day, then a few weeks later was looking for something and noticed the spacer for between the wheel and axle sitting ontop of my tool cupboard! Doh!
Aah yes, the "putting it up safe" syndrome!! Been there got the t-shirt!

I have forgotten and lost the odd bitlike everyone, one of the most annoying was forgetting to put a tyre clamp back in a rear wheel and struggling the following day when i could not drop the tyre pressures.

·
Bloody furriner
5,009 Posts
Not exactly forgot or fitted the wrong way, this...

But I'll never forget that dry little snap of the bolt that holds the carb insulator on snapping off inside the cylinder head.

Or the 100 Nm nut that holds the swingarm on the GS in check somehow going missing on the way home... :shock: (linky)

·
Registered
146 Posts
Bolts over: One. From the faring I think, but cant find a hole fore it.

Parts wrong: Put the Facet pump in the wrong way. Didn´t sound quite right when i fired it up.......... :rolleyes:

·
aka Oxbone :)
1,514 Posts
Guilty..... I have a steel tray with nuts/bolts/washers/spacers all being socked in parrafin and oil just waiting to be refitted into the little holes they once lived in... when of course I can be arsed to fit them.... lol:eek:ccasion9:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts