Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I'm hoping someone here has experienced this before and can offer some insight...

At just over 3000rpm, up until about 3700rpm, I can hear a slight rattle coming from the engine. It gets slightly more noticeable when dropping the revs (I notice it more pulling up the junctions etc). It's a 'tinny' rattle, like two light pieces of metal tapping on each other, it sounds a lot like a teaspoon rattling against a mug just after you've finished making your brew.:p

It's really not very loud at all, and I'm pretty sure I only notice these things myself because I know the sound of my bike so well and know when something doesn't sound right. Someone else may not even be able to notice the rattle at all, but I can.

Is anyone able to identify the sound from my description? If not I may be able to find a way of getting a video up somehow.

Also, my clutch is rattling like it's trying to get attention, only when the clutch is engaged. I know clutch rattle can be expected, but it is worth investigating or should I not worry?

·
Generalissimo Tea Boy
6,031 Posts
Or the heat guard on your exhaust downpipe.

This website is filled with the following things with regard to ATs

Strange unidentifiable rattles

Noise from the clutch

Corroding wheels/brake calipers

Temperature gauges not moving much or even at all in the winter.

I really think the AT is starting to develop a proper character. If we could get them to leak more oil we could become a proper classic bike forum.(Oh forgot about that one, oil mist from the cam cover gasket)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts