Honda XRV Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Happy Bunny!
3,097 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hmmm :confused:

New tyres are due soon and cant decide between TKC80's or Heidenau K60's .The K60 seems a good compromise between the std scorps and the TKC's.

Anyone got a good supplier of K60's ??.:thumbright:.

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
Wemoto stock them for the TA600. Can't comment on other models.

I have ordered tyres from Mynetmoto in the passed. Delivery was quick.

·
Bloody furriner
5,010 Posts
I'd pick the TKC. (And in fact, I will, come monday.)

I've had Heidi K60 on the GS. Fine in the dry, even in february there's enough grip to scrape the pegs. In the wet, errrr bring clean undies. :shock:

I've only had TKCs on the dommie so far, but I can't remember them being that bad in the rain.

·
Registered
4,456 Posts
All these people tend to grumble on about TKCs in the wet but I use them and find them fine when its wet. Its always in the back of my mind that these are going to break away in a bend but they never do. Maybe I ride it accordingly and dont treat them as a sportsbike super sticky tyre. Dont know what K60s are like and may try them one day, but I would guess although longer lasting (by what people have said) they offer less grip off road than TKCs. Either way big bike and mud none of them are particularly good, rocks and stone TKCs are superb. Hot dry weather TKCs are superb:D

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
I'd pick the TKC. (And in fact, I will, come monday.)

I've had Heidi K60 on the GS. Fine in the dry, even in february there's enough grip to scrape the pegs. In the wet, errrr bring clean undies. :shock:

I've only had TKCs on the dommie so far, but I can't remember them being that bad in the rain.

Realistically, no knobblie is going to be brilliant on went tarmac.... I had a TKC on my GS. I don't have the TKC to compare it to, but It was not partcularly inspiring....

The thing to remember with the K60s, is that they are fine in the dry and they last significantly longer than the TKC and are cheaper to start with....

The miles for you money will be so much more...

One should buy the tyres that suite, but for me, I'd live with riding gingerly in the wet, in order to enjoy those other benefits on the pocket...

Roughly translated as I can't afford TKCs anyway!!

·
Shorter member :-)
1,944 Posts
Hmmm :confused:

New tyres are due soon and cant decide between TKC80's or Heidenau K60's .The K60 seems a good compromise between the std scorps and the TKC's.

Anyone got a good supplier of K60's ??.:thumbright:.

Stan pm Paul S, think they are what he has been running on the twin. 6000 out of the back tyre at the moment looks like brand new. :thumbright:

·
Bloody furriner
5,010 Posts
One should buy the tyres that suite, but for me, I'd live with riding gingerly in the wet, in order to enjoy those other benefits on the pocket...
There's gingerly, and there's having the tail end just let go on a gentle downshift towards some roundabout. With me already riding carefully because it was pissing down, I was on knobblies, and these tyres have a reputation in the rain.

(Though my first, completely unintentional, powerslide was kinda cool. :cool: )

They were nice and cheap and lasted quite a while, but it was an experiment I won't be repeating.

They don't have to be Anakees, just like TKCs aren't Anakees. But this was bordering on dangerous, they're nasty in the rain, for a knobbly.

·
SOTGATT
3,522 Posts
Stan..(hello !)......I'm pretty sure Maverick had these on a bike and commented on them.

Hard wearing and slippery I seem to recall...I could be wrong.

G

·
I've never had a problem with the K60's in the wet and I live on the west coast of Ireland :confused: They did get a big iffy-squiffy once in a sudden downpour in Spain but I was also fully loaded.

·
OVALTEENY !!!
6,063 Posts
But he is a riding God:teeth:
Thanks Hudders and Phil - I'm no god, just trained and committed (not to a mental institution before you say it !!)

As the've said and CBR Paddy, I have no problems with these in the wet

Stan you'll be fine - I had these on TLD08 and it rained then you will remember

Offroad, I've hooned around a local MX track in both the wet and dry and on trails like the Wayfarer etc mixture of wet rocks, mud, deep water and wet railway sleepers they fared no better or worse than Pete's AT with TKCs on

I've ridden all through winter with them on in the snow, ice and they have been fine

Rear in on 6700 miles and has 6mm in the very middle with 7mm on the outer edges (getting a bit chewed)

Front is on 3000 miles and has 3mm over all but I don't mind the short front life as they are only £40 ish

Mototyes.com supply these

Find someone local with them on and give them a try or if your up our way Stan you can ride mine :thumbup:

·
Happy Bunny!
3,097 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Cheers Paul,:thumbright:.

You ride smoother than a velvet smoking jacket and would make anything work:thumbup:.

The jury is still out on these k60's and i still have a hankering to try the Conti Trailattacks, thanks for the info tho matey.:D:D:D.

If Heidenau did a 150/70 I'd give them a go but all i can find is a 140/80.....bum !!.;):D.

·
Do you have any cheese?
313 Posts
The thing with the K60's is that they may last for ages but they square off and then cornering can become a bit twitchy!

Both me and a friend experienced this on AT's, I guess it depends on what roads you are riding! If you ride lots of twistys then the tyre will wear pretty evenly but if you stick to motorways and main roads then it will square off!

I'd go for the TKC's everytime now, worth the extra money if you like playing dirty and they look the part too!

Just my two penneth!

:thumbup:

·
Registered
4,456 Posts
The thing with the K60's is that they may last for ages but they square off and then cornering can become a bit twitchy!

Both me and a friend experienced this on AT's, I guess it depends on what roads you are riding! If you ride lots of twistys then the tyre will wear pretty evenly but if you stick to motorways and main roads then it will square off!

I'd go for the TKC's everytime now, worth the extra money if you like playing dirty and they look the part too!

Just my two penneth!

:thumbup:
Agree but why would you get a TKC for motroways, they are just as bad once squared off
But TKCs rock:cool:

·
Do you have any cheese?
313 Posts
Agree but why would you get a TKC for motroways, they are just as bad once squared off
But TKCs rock:cool:
I live in devon and when I stumble upon a green lane I like to give it a go, try to avoid motorways although I did do TLD2008 on TKC's! :rolleyes:

Pretty much killed it!
:D

·
Happy Bunny!
3,097 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Unfortunately TKC's dont last too long on a 990 :eek::D:D thats why i had a Dunlop 908RR on the back last time, these are now near impossible to get hold of.:mad:.

I will call Mototyres to see if they do a K60 in M+S pattern with the right size.:thumbup:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts