Honda XRV Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just to double check Gentlemen,

I am due to change my tyres and shall be going for TKC80s. I usually run 130/80 on the back wheel for the tourance tyres. can I do this for the TKC80s as well. I know the official specs for the 650 dictate the 120/90 size, but I have always preferred the slightly fatter 130/80...can i continue doing the same for the TKC80s

thanks

R.

·
Golam Rosewater
1,444 Posts
I went through the same years ago, didn't know if a 130 TKC would fit, so ordered the 120.

I can't recall how much clearance there was but remember thinking that I wished I'd fitted the 130.

·
Registered
687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks Guys...so its the 130 size I will be looking for. in the meantime though i found a website which offers killer prices on the heidenau K60 scout which is well reviewed on ADVrider...am feeling lost

·
Bloody furriner
5,010 Posts
The 130 doesn't have the constant strip, so that's fine. Here's the K60 Scout in 130 size:

Another thing: At least on the GS the TKC80 got awfully squirrely at 70-80 mph, like riding in loose sand at motorway speeds. Might be just the GS though as the dommie never had that (though also hardly ever made it up to 80 mph!). Either way, the Scout is planted once you're past the first hundred or so miles from new.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts