Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Senile member, who r u ?
1,364 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
'Dearly beloved TLD riders and forum members, As part of the fund raising activities for TLD, the committee is approaching some major corporate's for sponsorship. However we must not forget the small companies and suppliers, the likes of David Silvers, Carole Nash etc anyone who has an interest in bike related products and services. I am currently complying a list of companies to write to and would wlecome suggestions from the forum. So get your thinking caps on and let me have your suggestions. If you can supply the top honcho's name and address all the better, but please PM with their details, or email to tld at xrv.org.uk or [email protected] if you can't PM. Please don't post up on this thread, unless its just the name of the company. Don't what those evil eyed Data Protection peeps after us'.

Thanks Guys and Girls, Can a Mod Sticky this please ? Ta :thumbup:

·
Sir FallofaLott
5,060 Posts
Done. How about a list of websites and bike magazines people use as well. I put a post up on quite a few websites last year .. I dont think it generated much interest or sponsorship last year... but each year and each charity is different so we could be luckier this year.

·
Stone Crazy
5,310 Posts
well it already has the logo that is a live shorcut on SW bikers, the yamaha club forum, aircooedrdclub and the TDR forum from me,
Merv

·
Senile member, who r u ?
1,364 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well it already has the logo that is a live shorcut on SW bikers, the yamaha club forum, aircooedrdclub and the TDR forum from me,
Merv
Good work Merv and thank you, Guys this is what we need, exposure ! we have a target of 45k this year, so every little helps :thumbup:

·
Truffle shuffle king
1,281 Posts

·
Stone Crazy
5,310 Posts
in fact i have missed out thelassic bike forum will got onto that now
merv

·
yet another Dave
2,854 Posts
and if anyone buys something from a TLD sponsor can they let them know that its because of their support? they like to hear that their money was well spent spreading the word. every time we tell them theyve got some business through the forum its a little bit easier to get them to sponsor next time, and after a few years they might start phoning asking to be sponsors?

·
Senile member, who r u ?
1,364 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Come on Guys, I need your suggestions, it is great that you you are approaching local clubs and forums that you belong to, but are there any local or national companies we should be approaching ? that we haven't thought of ?

Carole Nash
Bike Wise
Hastings
Rock Oil
Touratech ?????????
David Silvers

Just as an side, I compared a pub quiz on Monday night and raised £50.00, and the pub has kept the collecting tin for further donations, I hope I get it back :confused:

·
almost human !!!
757 Posts
David Silvers

Just as an side, I compared a pub quiz on Monday night and raised £50.00, and the pub has kept the collecting tin for further donations, I hope I get it back :confused:
What was it "from East to West.....Disco, we're the best" Well done Mark, obviously you haven't lost the knack !!!:p

·
Registered
379 Posts
Has anyone written to or approached 'The Sun'?

Might seem like a daft question, but arn't they the main people behind the 'Help for Heros' Charity.

Would possibly be nationwide coverage which would increase possibilitys for sponcership.

Just my 2c's worth, (I'v not read through all the threads so don't know if this has been covered already)

Axe.

·
A Scotsman....
773 Posts
Come on Guys, I need your suggestions, it is great that you you are approaching local clubs and forums that you belong to, but are there any local or national companies we should be approaching ? that we haven't thought of ?

:confused:
I have got posters in the local bike shops in dunfermline (Kawasaki Dealer, Scott Murray MotorCycles), i have asked about them sponsering us, they didnt seem to keen on that, but where happy to put the posters up.

I have posters in the Honda bikes dealer in Falkirk and the Kawasaki dealer in Uphall (near Livingston)
also Hein Gericke Queen Street Edinbrugh (never asked them about sponsering us).

I have ads run on the local radio station (forthone) around xmas time, they said too contact near the event to re-run the ad

Also a number of links in forums and biking event calendars.

Maybe contacting MCN as they have there bike shows around the country running up to our event, there one 27th March at Royal HighLand Show Ground, near edinburgh. thats like the unoffical start of the bike season!!!! (for some)

If i think of anythings else i will let you know (or do anything else)

·
almost human !!!
757 Posts
Has anyone written to or approached 'The Sun'?

Axe.
I sent the following twice...

25/Aug/2009

<---- Original Message ---->

Monday 24th August 2009

Dear Editor,

Ref. Team XRV- Help for Heroes- Run for the Sun

I am writing to you on behalf of a group of UK adventure motor bikers, from
www.xrv.org.uk Every year we do an endurance rally on the longest day (TLD)
of the year, in aid of charity. We are at present planning our third event.
In our first year we rode from John O Groats to Lands End, raising over
15,000.00 for Macmillan Nurses. This year we rode 5 capitals, from
Edinburgh to Belfast, to Dublin, to Cardiff finishing in London, all with in
24 hrs, raising over 20,000.00 for Make-A-Wish foundation (MAWF).

Next year we intend to Run for the Sun, in support of Help for Heroes. We
will start in Lowestoft, the most eastern point in the British Isles as the
sun rises above the North Sea, then ride across to Dingle in Eire, the most
western point, to see the sun go down over the Atlantic ocean. We aim to
complete this without the use of motorways.

As we are fundraising for Help for Heroes, a charity that you actively
support and we are running for "The Sun". We thought you might be interested
in becoming involved in some way.

Our group consists of a total mish mash of people from the biking
fraternity. We average over 50 riders per trip, each rider responsible for
raising their own sponsorship and covering their own expenses to take part.
Next year however, we hope to more than double the number of riders.

On 20th September 2009 at the Ace Caf London, we will be handing over a
cheque to MAWF, this will be the closing of TLD 2009- MAWF and the opening
of TLD 2010- H4H.

I hope you will give us some consideration and we would welcome any
assistance to ensure TLD 2010- H4H is a great success.

If you require any further information please contact me.

Thanks for reading, I hope to hear from you.

Kind regards

Ash
On behalf of Team XRV.

I got this reply... twice

Dear Ash

Thank you for taking the time to email us.

I have passed your email onto the relevant department for their attention.

Kind regards
Lorraine G
Online Team

Then nothing ....:(

·
A Scotsman....
773 Posts
Dont think is fund raising as such, but...

I was talking to a friend from school who races bikes. He is will to put decals on his bike for free. His season starts in about a month or so

I would just need to give him a set of decals.

I had thought the decals would be better for the 'brand' (if thats what you can call it) of The longest Day, so he wouldnt have to change the decals each season. i.e. there dont have anything about each years event... i dont know if thats possible. I can sure that its woud be to much of a problem changing them each season.

It could possible lead to sponsers or not.

·
Craigypops
6,747 Posts
Dont think is fund raising as such, but...

I was talking to a friend from school who races bikes. He is will to put decals on his bike for free. His season starts in about a month or so

I would just need to give him a set of decals.

I had thought the decals would be better for the 'brand' (if thats what you can call it) of The longest Day, so he wouldnt have to change the decals each season. i.e. there dont have anything about each years event... i dont know if thats possible. I can sure that its woud be to much of a problem changing them each season.

It could possible lead to sponsers or not.
Cracking idea, hope someone can sort some decals?

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Stone Crazy
5,310 Posts
I have the 3 books from Haynes how do you think is the best way to go about raising funds from them
Merv

·
A Scotsman....
773 Posts
Cracking idea, hope someone can sort some decals?
I am glad you like the idea, see what happens when you have drunkin conversations............... :thumbup:

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
How difficult would it be to make a tld tie, I wear a tie for work and blag most of my sponser ship from subcontractors, If they comment on the tie then they're pretty much cought into making a company donation.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts