Honda XRV Forum banner

21 - 40 of 43 Posts

·
Sir FallofaLott
5,060 Posts
Sorry chaps been working a lot trhe last few days so just catching up, is this issue now sorted and if so how many riders money for the Chunnel have we had in and who has paid, I think I need to speak to Eurotunnel and explain we aren't going to hit the 12th deadline and can they requote the discount, it will probably mean that those who have paid will have to pay a bit more, shame really, but heh ho, not a lot we can do. :(
There just doesnt seem to be the heart there for it Mark. Maybe it's because it's far too early for peeps to be thinking about times and returns and what theyre gonna do, so by default theyre obviously prepared to pay whatever it is nearer the time.
If we dont hit the 30, (I was holding back to see the numbers so if we got 29 Id jump in) I'd be inclined to just leave it. We'll refund those that have paid by direct bank transfer, and just let em get on with it themselves.

·
A Scotsman....
773 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Maybe a news article needs done for The Longest Day Registration. I know we have it on facebook, not use about twitter thou...... Tom..... :thumbup: as you do a good job with the patches one

·
Sir FallofaLott
5,060 Posts
As the amount of money is starting to build up in the paypal account and not earning anything, I've transfered £250 over to the bank account today. Should be there by Tuesday next week. Phil if you can keep an eye on the account and let us know when it lands. Cheers.

·
Fine, upstanding member
2,296 Posts
Beg pardon Tom, have been asleep on the job.

Yes the £250 did go in - on the 14th.

I have not refunded anything but can do.

There have been dribs and drabs coming into the account (the latest being £400 on the 16th from two Norfolk riders) and it is a while since I have made a transfer to Help for Heroes. The account now contains £1744.88.

Some of the contents of the account is profit from last year and I need to have the committee's guidance as to what to do with it.

Should I

a) pay Help for Heroes everything that wasn't specifically paid in for this year

b) as a) but keeping back a float of (suggest figure)

c) leave the money in the account for now until June has come and gone, just in case it is needed?

Cheers,

Philip

T

·
A Scotsman....
773 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Beg pardon Tom, have been asleep on the job.

Yes the £250 did go in - on the 14th.

I have not refunded anything but can do.

There have been dribs and drabs coming into the account (the latest being £400 on the 16th from two Norfolk riders) and it is a while since I have made a transfer to Help for Heroes. The account now contains £1744.88.

Some of the contents of the account is profit from last year and I need to have the committee's guidance as to what to do with it.

Should I

a) pay Help for Heroes everything that wasn't specifically paid in for this year

b) as a) but keeping back a float of (suggest figure)

c) leave the money in the account for now until June has come and gone, just in case it is needed?

Cheers,

Philip

T
My suggestion:

£250 is this years TLD (which we need)

Keep £500 as a float (for just incase)

and transfer the rest to Help for Heroes (about £1000)

·
Sir FallofaLott
5,060 Posts
No worries Phil - hope all is well with mammy and baby.

I'd suggest transfering out the monies for the ferries back to those that paid it soon as - what's that? 100 quid or so.
Transfer over the 400 quid from the Norfolk riders if that was sponsorship for H4H soon as.
Any other monies you know for a fact is sponsorship then straight to H4H soon as.
Give us the balance which should then comprise only profit from last years ride and the 250 from this years ride.
We'll have a conflab in mid Jan - but I think the account needs to have a fighting fund float and a figure of £500 sounds reasonable. Everything above that can then be donated to the charity of that year. But this is something we can thrash out in mid Jan.

If Im not back here before - have a wonderful Christmas all and a happy, healthy, peaceful and prosperous new year.

·
A Scotsman....
773 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
If Im not back here before - have a wonderful Christmas all and a happy, healthy, peaceful and prosperous new year.
If the wifey has anything to say about we wont be........:D:D:D:D:D

I hope everyone have a good xmas and a better new year!!

·
Sir FallofaLott
5,060 Posts
Phil - I've transferred over another £125 to the TLD bank account this morning. Can you let us know when it arrives and confirm the balance. Has anything been done with the account in regards to clearing out what belongs to H4H? Give us an update please when you can. Cheers.

·
Fine, upstanding member
2,296 Posts
No £125 received yet.

The gentlemen who had made payments have been in touch and I have done with their money what they have directed.

I have retained £250 as a float and £200 to pay for pin badges in case the decision is made to order some and the rest will go to H4H, a total of £966.88.

It is now my pleasure to announce the final total. You will recall that our target was £25,000 and it has seemed a long way distant. However, I added that final amount this morning and was surprised and delighted to see that with the Gift Aid supplement our grand total was

£26,753.94!!:joker::D

Time for an announcement, perhaps? And what happened to a ride out to Selly Oak Hospital?

·
A Scotsman....
773 Posts
Discussion Starter #37 (Edited)
I have retained £250 as a float and £200 to pay for pin badges in case the decision is made to order some
I think we should, but we need to carefull about the design if we including Make-A-Wish Logo

Time for an announcement, perhaps? And what happened to a ride out to Selly Oak Hospital?
Good Job done by all on that total!!!!!

·
Senile member, who r u ?
1,364 Posts
And what happened to a ride out to Selly Oak Hospital?
Guys I have spent quite a lot of time on this, speaking to various regional co-ordinators of HfH, and what I have learned this that if we want to do a presentation anywhere in the UK, the only person that is guaranteed to turn up is us and the regional co-ord. None of them can guarantee that a wounded serviceman/woman would attend, let alone a celeb, unless we want to pay them a fee ? If it is agreed that we do a presentation at Selly Oak, then this is something that we would need to arrange with the hospital themsevles and again no guarantee of attendance. I got quite disillusioned with the whole thing to be honest, but if you want me to make enquireis with Selly Oak, then I am more than prepared to put in a call.

·
Sir FallofaLott
5,060 Posts
No £125 received yet.

The gentlemen who had made payments have been in touch and I have done with their money what they have directed.

I have retained £250 as a float and £200 to pay for pin badges in case the decision is made to order some and the rest will go to H4H, a total of £966.88.

It is now my pleasure to announce the final total. You will recall that our target was £25,000 and it has seemed a long way distant. However, I added that final amount this morning and was surprised and delighted to see that with the Gift Aid supplement our grand total was

Brillant news. Once again TLD exceeded it's target! That £125 should be in the TLD bank account now making a total of £375 transferred over - can you confirm you got it. Yep agree - time for a big ol announcement on the board and thanks to the riders for yet another stunning fundraising performance.
And agree GOG- think HfH attitude totally stinks to be honest.
It would be really good to draw a line under last years event though but screw them if they think we're paying out more for the privilage of handing them almost £27k. Ferkin inngrates!!!!!!!!!!!!! :-0)

21 - 40 of 43 Posts