Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So it seems that the spluttering and backfiring from Miss O on the final leg back to London was more than a passing complaint of fatigue :(. I stepped out the door on Friday morning to head off to Glastonbury and the lady was having none of it. She makes a dreadful noise when I try to start her, won't start and backfires while standing still :confused:. I fear she may be tired and emotional and in need of the tender care of an RAC man. Any suggestions before I make the call tomorrow most welcome.

Not to see the girl miss the ball up stepped the Major and whisked me to the South West coast, reminding me of his first outing, which took us in that direction. I smiled the whole way there :nike:. It is silly to actually love a bike so much but I am quite helpless when it comes to the old boy:love4:. He was also on the point of nervous collapse by the end and had to be jumped started by two fairy biker who appeared as if by magic when I needed them and bumped him around the field until he got going and resumed his gentlemany duties. The speedo, which hasn't been working for months, even sprung back into life. Just shows what happens to a man when he comes to the rescue :hello1:.

·
Registered
12,768 Posts
without hearing it first hand I would say check the oil level and put some decent fuel in it.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
without hearing it first hand I would say check the oil level and put some decent fuel in it.
Oil level is fine, although I can't run it before checking. I filled up once or twice since the ferry. Should I expect any difference between here and Ireland?

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
She is working again :toothy7:

RAC man arrived in the same time it took me to register on F650.co.uk, so I just let him do it :rolleyes:. The coil was worn and broken but once replaced she sounded better than she has for a while.

One of my home made chocolate brownies to the man who spotted it was the ignition and not a fuel problem :p.

·
Captain unsensible.......
2,553 Posts
thats what I said it was....

Feel free to drop my chocolate brownie round to heathrow tomorrow..

Ta

·
Registered
4,162 Posts
thats what I said it was....

Feel free to drop my chocolate brownie round to heathrow tomorrow..

Ta

what happen to the Training to drop to 19 stone by Christmas :toothy7:

·
Captain unsensible.......
2,553 Posts
what happen to the Training to drop to 19 stone by Christmas :toothy7:
hmmmmmm, theres always one isnt there...... and its dropping 4 stone you cheeky fecker

actually I'm being very good..

·
Registered
4,162 Posts
its dropping 4 stone you cheeky fecker

actually I'm being very good..

full title please

""Cheeky chunky wee fecker "" :cool:

·
Sir FallofaLott
5,060 Posts
Well, if there's chocolate brownies on the go, can I have one because, er because, oh yeah, for reading your post - and I'll take sean's as well :toothy2:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts