Honda XRV Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
ignore the vain
943 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had a puncture today and am thinking of fitting a tube to my rear varadero tubeless wheel.
Some people say its ok others say its not I have repaired the tyre with an internal patch but am not confident in it. And I dont like those bung repairs on bikes but have no doubts they work.
I have used tubes in tubeless rims before but for some reason as I get older I am swaying towards buying a new tyre.
Anyone else running there tubeless wheel with tubes in?
Do you get em repaired or just by new?

Am I a wingeing old git who's hairline is showing signs of beginning the irreversible receding that comes to most blokes:confused:

·
Bloody furriner
5,010 Posts
The thing with tubes in tubeless wheels is that the tubeless tyre can move around on the rim just a bit... So if you fit a tube it can rip out the valve.

So if you do you should keep a close eye on the valve, as long as it sticks straight out of the rim you should be okay, if it starts to get an angle you're in trouble.

·
Premium Member
10,746 Posts
Last year i had a flat on the rear of [email protected] also a anakee.I had it fixed cause the tyre was still to new to chuck.Did another 45oo-5000 miles on it:D no problems at all
and i took her green laning and playing:D

1 - 3 of 3 Posts