Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Older, but no wiser!
3,836 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Yonks ago Jacqueslemac mentioned having one of these for toasting over a campstove. I saw one in Wilkinsons for the horrendous price of £1 last week and had to have one, now need to try it out !! ;)

·
Registered
2,600 Posts
I've had one for yrs, sits in my tankbag, takes up no space, but toast is a luxury when camping!
Enjoy mate!

·
Registered
2,600 Posts
I used mine while in europe this summer, Hudders bought quite a bit of bread and a jar of jam, we often had toast in the morning, no ill effects with the petrol stove.

·
a Salty follower.
1,313 Posts
Aargh read this too late, picked up a (yes very) useless pyramid toaster for the folding caravan, what a shocker (glad it was in the sale, but still four pound I'll never see again) warning to everyone- don't bother

I'll keep my eye out for the pound jobbies, but I have a little gadget from light my fire (Swedish firesteel brand) and it's called something daft like my granddads bent wire!

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Light-Fire-Grandpas-Fork-Sweden/dp/B000N3Q2IS/ref=pd_sim_sbs_sg_4

Got it for toasting marshmallows at work, but should do for toast, will try it this weekend and let you know.

Nice one guys, I had one of those pyramid type toastie thingys, fekin useless :mad:

Got one of these little beauties, great stuff :thumb:

·
Grumpy auld man!
1,646 Posts
A fiver for a bit of wire? fek that, a wire coat hanger with a few artistic bends in it would do. :wink:

Andy.

·
Registered
497 Posts
Not showing on Wilko Website, are they only instore. Come on you've sown the Must Have seed, we need to know more:(

·
Administrator
1,764 Posts
Not showing on Wilko Website, are they only instore. Come on you've sown the Must Have seed, we need to know more:(
Don't know about the website, but I bought one in Cardiff's Wilkinson store this afternoon.( I got a folding cup at 50p,too :p). As you say,the seed has been sown -I don't know when I'm likely to use the "toaster" or cup - I've not been camping in 30+ years.

·
Older, but no wiser!
3,836 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Don't know about the website, but I bought one in Cardiff's Wilkinson store this afternoon.( I got a folding cup at 50p,too :p). As you say,the seed has been sown -I don't know when I'm likely to use the "toaster" or cup - I've not been camping in 30+ years.
The "when" is irrelevant, it is the ability to toast bread on your camping stove that is so important. All of use here know how important the ownership and the ability is..... :thumbup:

Bugger, I missed the cup!! I guess we are at the end of Festival season, so the bargains are about ;)

·
Older, but no wiser!
3,836 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Grovelling apologies for "setting the seed"! Get thee hence to your nearest Wilko's...:blob6:

·
Older, but no wiser!
3,836 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
What is this "Wilkinsons" you speak of?

Don't think they're allowed north of the wall! :D
Well, lets be honest, toast is more for yer Suthern pooftahs, hard Norfern bikers eat porrige...wiv salt, not sugar!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts