Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Captain unsensible.......
2,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, get on bike tuesday and notice lcd clock is very faint, as i get halfway to work lcd goes blank, but still backlit! :? our biking "hero" (me!) phones local dealer(kawasaki,suzuki,triumph) who have no idea what problem may be and suggest i bring it in. hero decides to phone honda specific branch of local dealer who say it sounds as if circuit board is knackered and can order replacment at £175 + vat.
"hero" decides to check conections and loom, and after a hard day at work strips off the screen, upper plastics, takes off clocks, cleans all connections with contact cleaner and emery paper and takes clocks apart to check board etc

whilst the bike is now scattered all over the garage our "hero" realises he hasnt checked the fucking fuses!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 seconds later one replaced fuse, problem solved.

........................1 hr later the rest of the bike is finally put together and a nice phone call made to local dealer to tell them their fortune!

DOH!

*FEEL FREE TO REPLCE "HERO" WITH **** ETC

·
Complete Member
3,904 Posts
This is a common problem and is directly linked to the brightness of the object placed directly above the seat :lol:

We've all been there, but will you remember next time?

·
Registered
10,746 Posts
Me have better one :oops: :oops: :oops:
Coming back from germany with my RT1100.We used eurotunnel and when the train stopped my bike would not start. No sound nothing of course clever me said : "It has to be the fucking Alarm"
Tip 1: Never!!!! read a bike magazine before you go on a biking holiday,give it at least a 2 week break. :? :?
I was reading a articel about alarms and the propblems it caused
So i start now to push my little :shock: :shock: Rt down this f... long traincarrige.While deb giving me all this advice :evil: :evil:
Get her eventually next to the train and start to phone the recovery guy i notice the position of my "KILLSWITCH
Tip 2: Check killswitch if bike not starts
:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

·
Geeking it out!
1,061 Posts
i notice the position of my "KILLSWITCH
Tip 2: Check killswitch if bike not starts
lol :lol:

similar "fault" the other day, riding to work my heated grips became intermittent, this could be rectified by bashing the controller, located on the right hand handlebar, besides the kill switch, gave the heated hand grip controller a good thump, bike engine cut out, pushed bike to side of road, all the cars who I had just filtered past now passing me :( Sat by the side of the road thinking the worst, blown main bike fuse by damaging the controller?? gloves off, try to start the bike, nearly flattened the battery when noticed the kill switch ...doh :oops:

·
A man without Ale.
2,666 Posts
.. few weeks ago went for ride, got off bike turned on alarm.. two seconds later it went off.. entire pub looking at the [email protected] whoes allarm keeps going off. Finally shut that down.. tried to leave cant start bike.... 25 minutes later relised i turned off alarm but not imobliser.. :thumb:

Two days before xmass... rewired turn signals to fit in to crash bars, went for ride ... got home neither impbliser nor alarm will arm... so naturally I freak out, call meta, call the guys who sold it to me, got passed to about 50 people.... two hours later the installer calls me.. and says.. "Your alarm wont turn on open the left side of the bike.. replace the blown 15 amp fuse that you blew when you fu(ked with the turn signals".... I could not beleive it.. I never told any of them I changed the turn signals.. he said it is a commen problem and he get the same message at least once a week!
:teeth: :teeth: :teeth:

·
Registered
7,696 Posts
Doh, happens to the best of us mate!

Here's mine;
When removing the rocker cover, on Suzuki 1200 Bandit to do the tappets for the first time, I hear a metallic tinkle :shock: , on closer inspection, [email protected] one of the dowells that locates the rocker to the head is missing, from the head...
After spending 3 hours searching round the rockers, cams, cam chain tunnel, carbs, exhaust etc, no locating dowell was to be found anywhere.

SHIT

Of course, it wasn't still in the rocker cover was it :oops: :oops: :oops:

Phil

·
Registered
62 Posts
Deconstructed a CBR600
pistons out of engine
brakes cleaned and freed
carbs apart
repaired plastic
painted