Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I get my new bike. Bet it pisses with rain.

·
Registered
12,768 Posts
You are north of the border so anything is possible.

·
Senile member, who r u ?
1,364 Posts
There is nothing like having a new saddle between your legs, good luck and I hope it lives up to your expectations :thumbup:

·
Registered
3,481 Posts
got it yet....?

·
Bloody furriner
5,009 Posts
Rain, probably. And you'll enjoy yourself anyway. :)

My first proper backroads blat of the year (after all the snow & ice), it was bucketing down. I loved it anyway.

·
whys the rum always gone?
17,680 Posts
he has and is playing as we speak i think:D

·
Premium Member
6,168 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
he has and is playing as we speak i think:D
Hehe. I was, and it was pissing with rain. :p

First impressions are great and I felt at home right away.

Gales forecast for tomorrow though. :mad:

·
Premium Member
6,168 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
So, how many miles (smiles?) today, then? :D :D :D
Non many miles but loads of smiles. When I picked it up the tank range was only 405 miles. Bet it's going to cost a fortune to fill up.

·
Premium Member
6,168 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Bloody hell boris, You should know better

PHOTOS :blob6:
I know I know. It's blowing a gale and raining here so didn't get any photos off before it got dark. I've just spent the evening getting the autocom and satnav in. Autocom working. Satnav audio working. Two way radio working but need a longer lead. Still got the power to do for the satnav but I have the BMW plug and just need to make up the leads and 5v supply.

Big problem is what to do with the radio and phone. On the varadero I had them both in the topbox with cables back to the autocom but the metal topbox will make a lovely Faraday cage so they won't work in there. No room under the seat either. I'll have to get my best turnip head on as I don't want a tankbag.
I do have a car bluetooth module that I can modify to work with the autocom and I can probably find a space under the tank shroud. so that just leaves the radios. I must have a good think.

Hopefully I'll get the bits and the rest of the job done tomorrow night.

I just need to ride it now :)

·
Mines a big red one
6,178 Posts
Bet it's going to cost a fortune to fill up.
Filled mine this week with 80 miles left in the tank. Cost me just over £30 :rolleyes:

When you get used to the bike that 405 will be a distant memory. Mine normally says about 370 unless I'm on a long run. Remember it's like everything else ride it like you stole it and the consumption will rise. On my last bike I emptied the tank in under 200 miles on a trip to Dover. It was very early in the morning:D

oh and very windy officer

·
Bloody furriner
5,009 Posts
Yes, quite. :mrgreen:

Best run I ever did on my GS was 380 km until reserve, while being rear guard for a couple of ancient two-smokes riding across East Germany. 19 bhp MZ heavily loaded sidehack with a weak clutch. Eeeaaaasssygoing...

But I usually barely scratch 300. Less, if I'm having fun. ;-)

·
Mines a big red one
6,178 Posts
Having said what I did on the trip to Spain lasd year with Sharri and J i was regularly getting over 400 miles out of a tank.

·
Premium Member
6,168 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Bloody hell boris, You should know better

PHOTOS :blob6:

Here you go..

It was blowing a gale and so windy that the Forth Bridge was closed for a while so I didn't learn too much about the bike. I ended up going along a muddy road so the bike is now filthy.

I'm nearly there with the autocom. Satnav power in and working so just the bluetooth car kit to modify for the phone and a short cable for the radio to go. :thumbup:

Note wolfpack sticker.

·
OVALTEENY !!!
6,063 Posts
Off topic

Mike

What an invigorating and uplifting current avatar you have !! :blob8:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts