1,887 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Tell me about it :rolleyes:

Lone Ranger never fell off his bloody horse either :D:D
Class :D:D:D and very true :thumbright::thumbright::thumbright:

·
geriatric
2,474 Posts
simon I thought you had to have an off to be in your gang.......................

·
Shorter member :-)
1,944 Posts
Going to be a bloody big gang on here then :cool:

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
OI back on topic now :rolleyes:

What you drinkin BT ????

·
Deer Dodger
3,199 Posts
Well Frad,

Whadya think ------------ :confused:

The famous Grouse -------;););)

Wrong !!!!!!!! ----

Glen Moray :thumbright::thumbright::thumbright::thumbright::thumbright::thumbright:

East Coast's finest :D

And very nice it is tooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo :D

·
geriatric
2,474 Posts
OI back on topic now :rolleyes:

What you drinkin BT ????
Well I've had to do two kids parties today,one 10:30 at the chav zoo indoor play place and one 14:00 at a pub where I could see the bar,smell the bar and was surrounded by idiots who think it's alright to consume large amounts of lager at their own kids 5th birthday in an alcohol free zone so I think I've earnt a nice little 18 year old jura or oban that's been sitting in the cupboard for 15 years, I think it should just about be ready after 33 years.

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Some fine choices going on there Enjoy :D

Rmember to drunk responsibubly :drunken:

Dont spil it :toothy10::toothy10::toothy10:

·
Deer Dodger
3,199 Posts
Well I've had to do two kids parties today,one 10:30 at the chav zoo indoor play place and one 14:00 at a pub where I could see the bar,smell the bar and was surrounded by idiots who think it's alright to consume large amounts of lager at their own kids 5th birthday in an alcohol free zone so I think I've earnt a nice little 18 year old jura or oban that's been sitting in the cupboard for 15 years, I think it should just about be ready after 33 years.

Jura ????

Now you've me slavering :D:D:D

Enjoy :thumb:

·
geriatric
2,474 Posts
well I would not dare open any of the others in the cellar, the speysides,aberlour's,laphphroaic's,the ardbeg,a particularly old bunnahabhain,a couple of six isles,the balvenie,an ancient (bought @18 years old when I bought my 1st house 20+years ago)Tamdhu,or a to be passed on to the kids lagavulin ' about 30+ at the moment or any of the limited run glen fidditch's I have collected over the years. None of them under 30 years old.
The jura is the only one the mrs took out of the box in a fit of madness one day and chucked the box (couldn't fit it in the cupboard with the others she said!) and it's been talking to me every time I go in the cupboard to rotate the bottles or check for leakage.

On a different tangent I have a very strange bottle of something called KIRSBERRY,or as it says on the bottle Dansk Kirsebaervin,produce of danske. Anyone ever heard of it? it is a really lovely looking bottle with a little miniature gold goblet sunk into the neck in a recess. My Nan had it for donkey's years (possibly since the war) and I inherited it when she passed on.

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
well I would not dare open any of the others in the cellar, the speysides,aberlour's,laphphroaic's,the ardbeg,a particularly old bunnahabhain,a couple of six isles,the balvenie,an ancient (bought @18 years old when I bought my 1st house 20+years ago)Tamdhu,or a to be passed on to the kids lagavulin ' about 30+ at the moment or any of the limited run glen fidditch's I have collected over the years. None of them under 30 years old.
The jura is the only one the mrs took out of the box in a fit of madness one day and chucked the box (couldn't fit it in the cupboard with the others she said!) and it's been talking to me every time I go in the cupboard to rotate the bottles or check for leakage.

On a different tangent I have a very strange bottle of something called KIRSBERRY,or as it says on the bottle Dansk Kirsebaervin,produce of danske. Anyone ever heard of it? it is a really lovely looking bottle with a little miniature gold goblet sunk into the neck in a recess. My Nan had it for donkey's years (possibly since the war) and I inherited it when she passed on.

Whisky Night at yours then :D

I've gone on to The Balvenie Founders Reserve 10yr Old :thumbright:

And very nice it is too ;):D

Kirsberry is Kirsberry Cherry Speciality Liqueur

Might be past its best :D

·
geriatric
2,474 Posts
Just done a bit of googling myself, Combined Wines & Foods
i could only find the same as you but, the bottle I have has a wooden/cork stopper,is 30% proof as it says on the bottle but is almost the same in appearance as the pic i your link and mine apart from it looks to be bigger. But, CHERRY BRANDY?? WAS SHE 'AVIN A LAUGH?? SHE LEFT ME SOME CHERRY BRANDY?? WHAT AM I? LIGHT IN THE LOAFERS???

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

·
geriatric
2,474 Posts
The mrs and her mother opened one up about 5-6 years ago and I've been serving them one up out of the same bottle ever since,does that stuff ever go off, i'm hoping it'll become poisonous at least one of these xmas's...

·
bigtrailie admin
4,710 Posts
Lone Ranger never fell off his bloody horse either :D:D
I resent that remark I didn't fall off, I was trying that hanging off the side stunt that he alway used to do...............it turns out I was hanging just a tad to low :rolleyes:

·
Older, but no wiser!
3,836 Posts

·
Registered
7,705 Posts
Get thee to Costco (one near you!) and buy a case of Badger Beers 12 500ml bottles at around 1.10/bottle. Now that is good value ;)

Tonight, I was in the Wrekin Tap in Wellington, 8 real ales, 2 ciders and numerous real continental lagers.... Heaven.
Sounds great & get 'her' off to Costco soon :thumbright:

Phil

1 - 20 of 21 Posts