Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Week 3 of 10 week at College

After last weeks successful chain and sprocket change we went on to do tyres this week.:thumbup:
Another student on 650Vstrom needed a new rear - so we duly did that. Then took off some other demo tyres and refitted them.

At the tea break I ventured just outside of the workshop and noticed I have a flat rear.:(

Found a 1/2" long pozidrive self tapper bang in the middle of the tyre.:(:(

All the equipment to repair it but no tube or repair kit, so got it home, 3 miles or so, starting at 45psi.

Tomorrow morning I guess its the same, overinflate, then down to Hunts for a repair, hopefully they can do it first thing, then off to work.

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
Hi Campagman,

Long time no see how you doing ?

I saw you going the other way on the M56 a while back, still at Fiddlers ferry?

What course is that and where is it ? sounds interesting.

Cheers Frad

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Frad - yes, still at FF maybe another 6 weeks or so, so yes still plugging up and down the M56.

Course is at Stockport College - Basic Motorcyle Maintenance - 10 weeks , £66, 3 hours per session, so 30 hours at £2/hr :p.
Given that I got a new chain fitted last week I think I've saved my course fees already - well upto tonight and the puncture.:mad:

Rding everyday at present, so not too enthused to go out at weekends, but the year is still early.........and the nights/mornings are qucikly getting lighter...............:)

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
Frad - yes, still at FF maybe another 6 weeks or so, so yes still plugging up and down the M56.

Course is at Stockport College - Basic Motorcyle Maintenance - 10 weeks , £66, 3 hours per session, so 30 hours at £2/hr :p.
Given that I got a new chain fitted last week I think I've saved my course fees already - well upto tonight and the puncture.:mad:

Rding everyday at present, so not too enthused to go out at weekends, but the year is still early.........and the nights/mornings are qucikly getting lighter...............:)

Sounds like a good course shall have to find out if theres a collage closer to me that does the same course.

When the weather gets better join us for another rideout :thumbright:

ride safe cheers Frad

1 - 4 of 4 Posts