1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Generalissimo Tea Boy
6,039 Posts
Amazing. I was there and I wouldn't have bet tuppence on Tony finding that many pictures of his Africa Twin upright. Memory must be playing up.

·
Premium Member
1,641 Posts
Yen, where does that headlamp protector mount to the bike?

Iain

·
Generalissimo Tea Boy
6,039 Posts
If you mean the metal ones on the white bikes, they mount on to the crashbars and indicator mounts and include a small front rack. They are from Riky Cross. You have to have the matching crashbars as well. I've got one of the perspex Touratech ones and that only have one central fairing bolt holding it on. Very easy if you need to remove it for cleaning.

·
Premium Member
1,641 Posts
So I'm thinking the Riky Cross item is not much extra protection for the fairing, just keeps large rocks out of the headlamp. My last AT had a wire grill similar to the Riky Cross guard, which was tapped to the plastic nose fairing. Probably would give the same level of headlamp protection without all the extra weight.

Were there any problems with bike handling when the front rack was used for carrying stuff? Or was it just utilised for really light items?

Iain

·
Generalissimo Tea Boy
6,039 Posts
The Johnson Brothers had so much weight in their panniers that a bit of weight up front would have helped. But seriously, Dave J used to keep his Scott bumbag on it with the belt strap passed around the screen. The handle on the front rack was very useful if you were manhandling the bike as you could use it to pull the bike whilst others were pushing.

·
Registered
45 Posts
to yen-powell

Where did you get the front rack set up from ? Ive got touratech bars on my AT and wonder if they are compatible ?

·
Generalissimo Tea Boy
6,039 Posts
I refer you to my previous answer above dated Fri Jul 02, 2004 11:06 am. On a more serious note, I haven't seen Riky Cross stuff in a catalogue for a while. Has anyone got the latest M&P catalogue? Do they still sell the stuff?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts