Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Matron
12,080 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some of you will have noticed that I'm going to sell old twinkletoes, don't get me wrong I absolutely love the bike but I've had it for a few years now and being a woman it's time for a change (fickle lot us girls you know)

So I've been looking at a few choices, and they are quite varied so bear with me. It's got to be a good commuter, as my main transport it just has to do the job so I do need to think about this carefully.

So my shortlist (for when Twinkletoes finds a new home)

Street Triple

Speed Triple

BMW f800 ST

Dakar

Tenere

Now I think I have managed to exclude the Tenere because I had a sit on one today and I found it very heavy and very very tall.

So there you have it, my shortlist

{please note I am a girl, therefore I am alloweed to change my mind as often as I like, this list will change hourly :toothy2:}

·
chicken chaser
1,554 Posts
Some of you will have noticed that I'm going to sell old twinkletoes, don't get me wrong I absolutely love the bike but I've had it for a few years now and being a woman it's time for a change (fickle lot us girls you know)

So I've been looking at a few choices, and they are quite varied so bear with me. It's got to be a good commuter, as my main transport it just has to do the job so I do need to think about this carefully.

So my shortlist (for when Twinkletoes finds a new home)

BMW f800 ST

Dakar

Tenere

Now I think I have managed to exclude the Tenere because I had a sit on one today and I found it very heavy and very very tall.

So there you have it, my shortlist

{please note I am a girl, therefore I am alloweed to change my mind as often as I like, this list will change hourly :toothy2:}
have shortened your list for you ...:hitler:

·
Born to Slide
1,741 Posts
Try the new BMW F650GS - is 800cc parallel twin - light and nimble and has a low seat height. A female friend of mine hired one for a few days and found it a very secure and easy to ride bike with plenty of power - traily style as well. It is a real option - I prefer my Africa Twin but it is worth a look at.

·
whys the rum always gone?
17,680 Posts
if your possibly thinking new! then dont discount the new F650gs, my boss has just bought one that i had the pleasure to pick up from the dealers for him, and rode it back to his place aprox 50miles...i was very supprised its light ninble plenty quick enough and with a seat hieght that would be perfect for you :cool:

nice bike:thumbup:

just to make life a bit more complicated:D:D:D:D

·
Premium Member
10,746 Posts
Try the new BMW F650GS - is 800cc parallel twin - light and nimble and has a low seat height. A female friend of mine hired one for a few days and found it a very secure and easy to ride bike with plenty of power - traily style as well. It is a real option - I prefer my Africa Twin but it is worth a look at.
Got to agree with Angelo there,have a look at the F650gs.It is a brilliant little bike.I take it you have taken all of them for a ride?
I must say i had a 800s as a loan bike and i did not get on with it at all.I did not like the vibrations of the handle bars above 75 mph and i think i am getting to old to enjoy the riding position for long.
I know nothing about the speed triple,never even been near one:(
I must say from what i know of what type of riding you do and enjoy i would have a look at the f650gs(not a clue why they call it a F650 when it is a 800:rolleyes::rolleyes:[email protected] Krauts:hitler:)

·
Premium Member
10,746 Posts
I can't afford new Chad it's going to have to be used and between 3-4,000 depending on what I can get for the transalp
If i remember right the F650 is only£5300 new,you should be able to get a nice demo for that sort of money you looking to spend

·
Registered
12,768 Posts
So what about Florrie then?
I thought that was to be your replacement.

·
chicken chaser
1,554 Posts
ORRRR A

ORRA

:D:D:D

·
one-legged member
4,493 Posts
You want a nice Dakar you do :rolleyes:

none of the others will give you 60-70mpg and off-road fun :D

·
Mines a big red one
6,178 Posts
My choice

Not that economical though. Then a street triple.

I know the new 650gs is outside the price bracket.

·
SHW'MAE BUTT
3,270 Posts
Sweety this has to be the ONE it looks shinny and will be more economical and looks shinny, more personal wind protection, salt wont go over the loverly bmw engine paint, looks that will stay shinny and it has two drop off fuel tanks at the rear like a German areoplane :D:D:D:D

·
Premium Member
6,922 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
if you want a bike for occasional off-roading that's lighter than Florrie a BMW F650GS would be a good option. passable both on-road and off-road.

if you really want a bike just for commuting, try out a full road bike. it might might be an eye-opener. something like a CBF600 would be ideal... or dare I say a Deauville? no, maybe i daren't! the BMW F800ST might be good but expensive. what does Kawazaki have to offer?

·
Matron
12,080 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
You want a nice Dakar you do :rolleyes:

none of the others will give you 60-70mpg and off-road fun :D
I know sweetie, and I know where there's a fantastic one wanting a new home too. If I could scrap together the cash I'd be there like a shot

It comes down to finances, I have to sell the transalp first and it will depend on how much I get for that. I can't really afford to spend more than £1000 on top of what I get (and even that is a stretch)

So I can't afford a new bike, it's going to have to be used and within my budget.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts