Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there,
dont know if this is the right place for it, but I reckon any bodger worth hiser salt will have an interest.

Its a bodging request.

Top box (Pelican case 1550)
I'm trying to get some kind of net/compartment for my top box. I want to store my puncture repair kit, disk lock, can of chain lube without it all rolling around.

Any ideas?

·
yet another Dave
2,854 Posts
you can get little nets to hang on suckers in the bathroom?

·
Registered
256 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
You could try your local tractor dealers for tool tubes (john deere) and others for boxes.:thumbup:
Netting can be bought from garden centres and water garden centres off the roll for not a lot.
I have a john deere tool tube fitted to my bike and if memory serves me correctly it was around 7 pounds plus vat.
Its worth a look

Mike

·
a Salty follower.
1,313 Posts
The tool tubes have shot up in price and you won't see much change from £20, and none if you want it posted!
I've chucked all the usual bits that float around the bottom of the top box in a compression sac (a smaller version of the ones that squash your sleeping bag down) it keeps all the stuff together, doesn't rattle and less likely to lose it as you fish out larger items such as waterproofs or jumpers etc (your could also colour co-ordinate a number of such sacs or am I'm I getting a bit too organised here?):cool:

·
geriatric
2,474 Posts
You could try one of these from Ebay.... he does have a shop on there which he sells different size tubes, but i've gone for the big one.... works out about £26 total inc p&p:

Mega Tool Tube Vstrom BMW GS KLR DRZ400 TransAlp DR650: eBay Motors (item 320528573778 end time Jun-06-10 09:34:53 PDT)
MegaLock Tube Vstrom BMW GS KLR DRZ KTM TransAlp DR650 on eBay (end time 06-Jun-10 17:42:42 BST)

or you just contact kitped on here ,who imports them by the box load for this very forum,and who does them for about twelve quid.

As for the john deere one's there about 13 quid now.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts