Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Older, but no wiser!
3,836 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need a spot of advice please on TA carriers,

I purchased a Honda top box off Delboy for my TA, but unfortunately, it will not fit, as my TA has a traditional flat profile carrier with no lugs/sockets to take the top box :(

I originally thought on seeing the problem that I could remove the gubbins on the base of the Top box, and use it as a semi permanant fixing for a Ardennes trip at the end of the month, but the lugs on the box will prevent that without MAJOR hacking which seems somewhat brutal!

So, is it possible to purchase a bracket to attach to my existing carrier to take this box (as you can do with Givi setup) or do I basically say the box is not really much use to me and get a Givi? Alternatively, can I convert the box to Givi monokey and use a standard Givi mount which I already have ! :)

My Bike:
Click on the pic of Transalp rear end!

Honda special fitting (on another bike.)

·
Registered
12,768 Posts
Could you take and post up a photo of your existing rack.

·
Older, but no wiser!
3,836 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Could you take and post up a photo of your existing rack.
Kids have gone off with the camera on DofE expedition! :)

The link "My Bike" in my first post has a pic of the rack on my 'alp. Standard silver grey job.

·
Bling Tastic Transalp
1,362 Posts
that base plate , could be available at david silvers as they sell the top boxes , just a thought ..
might be worth a phone call .

have seen them on ebay occasionally ..

no chance of getting the plate from delboy?

good luck

·
Older, but no wiser!
3,836 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
that base plate , could be available at david silvers as they sell the top boxes , just a thought ..
might be worth a phone call .

have seen them on ebay occasionally ..

no chance of getting the plate from delboy?

good luck
Apparently his bike has the base plate as a fixed item, and not as a bolt on part attached to a standard flat base rack. However, if it is possible to purchase a "Honda" base plate, that is a good start! :)

I'll try Silvers too, there maybe summat on their website. If i can find out what Honda call it would be a good thing to know too ;)

Cheers

·
Registered
417 Posts
Steve, please see the posting by Graeme C , that might help. Cheers, Del

·
Registered
12,768 Posts
Your rack should have two black rubber strips, one each side.
These pull out to reveal the mounting holes.
The base plate you have has rubber bungs hiding the screw holes remove them and use bolts to mount to existing carrier.

·
yet another Dave
2,854 Posts
The base plate you have has rubber bungs hiding the screw holes remove them and use bolts to mount to existing carrier.
:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

i have however noticed that honda have changed their topbox mountings occasionally, ive seen some old bikes have a different mount, then they all seem to have same as mine (and just about everyones here, like the pic above and as you describe above) but now the latest pan and the TA700 have different racks again, with different hole patterns

·
Older, but no wiser!
3,836 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Sadly, my carrier is a plain flat number and needs the adapter plate itself for the box and then all would be sorted, but this is apparently a fixed item on Delboys bike, not a bolt on unit like these:

David Silver bits

Ebay item

I need the Honda base plate only!! :( Anyone got one spare??

·
Registered
417 Posts
Think the plates would be available as a separate item.

·
yet another Dave
2,854 Posts
i think you can get them seperately, but last i heard they were £50+

try a breaker?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts