Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
All the gear...no idea
472 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
went to go and buy a second hand top box today, but when I tried the rack on top of my rack, I couldn't get it to fit unless it overlapped the seat. none of the holes would match up. it was a generic box. is this normal?? do I have to buy a paticular brand of topbox

·
Gelände Straße
3,037 Posts
Certainly my Honda topbox used to overlap my seat on my old Twin yeah. Think most people have the same bother.

There's a thread on here somewhere where someone's made a couple of little brackets that shift the box back an inch or two so your pillions got a touch more room and you can get the seat on and off without fannying about removing the box everytime. Think a few peeps have done that mod. Have a search...

·
All the gear...no idea
472 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
not the box overlapping but the plate, would mean getting the spanners out each time i want to take the seat off

·
Registered
2,343 Posts
I have a Givi E30 (I think) which is a little 30 litre top box. The mounting plate over hangs the honda plate very slightly towards the seat. But it is possible to remove the seat without removing the plate.

But I've taken it all off now, no more top boxes for me.

·
Registered
649 Posts
barryw33 said:
not the box overlapping but the plate, would mean getting the spanners out each time i want to take the seat off
BarryW,

I have PM'd you, I've got the bits you need for sale.

·
aka Oxbone :)
1,514 Posts
/me uses a Givi plate and a E42 on an RD04... Fits a treat.... didnt need to alter a thing, no overhang... Im even making a padded lumber support to protect the good ladys back when she dozes off on long hauls...

·
Deer Dodger
3,199 Posts
Cie said:
I have a Givi E30 (I think) which is a little 30 litre top box. The mounting plate over hangs the honda plate very slightly towards the seat. But it is possible to remove the seat without removing the plate.

Hello Cie.

Just wondering why you opted to throw away the top box ?
Thinking of buying one but there are a lot of +ve and -ve remarks on fitting and using them.
What's you're ( or anybody's ) thoughts ????

·
aka Oxbone :)
1,514 Posts
lowflyer said:
Cie said:

Hello Cie.

Just wondering why you opted to throw away the top box ?
Thinking of buying one but there are a lot of +ve and -ve remarks on fitting and using them.
What's you're ( or anybody's ) thoughts ????[/
quote]

Personally I dont like them on bike... they spoil the looks....
But from a practicle point they have loads of advantages.....
+points
Storage for helmet gloves ect
Pillion support
Extra area to stick hi vis tags for added "cager" awarness
Givi plate does not alter the looks of the bike

Looks naff
Added weight
Slight handling changes (when empty)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts