Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Top Box , Been thinking about this for a long time , wots the best top box for a transalp, me personally , I am not a fan of them , but out riding in a group with side panniers on , I almost took a mirror of a Porsche whilst weaving through traffic, (I know could have gone for a lexus lol) so , what is the most popular top box out there ?

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
I use a Givi Simply topbox ~50lt big enough for full face and open face helmets. base plate is not as high as some so does not raise the rack height much. Very similar to the Chinese cheapo (CC) ones (a Givi labeled one?) which are OK not very thief resistant but are any? quite light.
On my TA650 I noticed the wind noise reduced, the topbox improving the aerodynamics at the back.
I use the same topbox on the TA650, AT & Vara as they all have the same(ish) rack just unbolt the base plates 3 mounting fastners on one and fit on another.
You could get a CC topbox and QD or hard fix it onto the rack if you dont need it to be QD
typically
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NEW-52L-UNIVERSAL-MOTORCYCLE-MOTORBIKE-BACK-BOX-TOP-BOX-HELMET-LUGAGGE-STORAGE/273246717260?hash=item3f9ec6054c:g:zMkAAOSwT4ZbD6gD

·
Registered
7,636 Posts
I had a Givi maxia 52 for a good few years, which was great, I now have the newer maxia 55, the extra capacity of the 55 does come in handy but the 52 looks & feels noticeably smaller and it's much more robust than the 55

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
98 Posts
Mine's an el cheapo chinese special that I paid about au$50.00 for several years ago, about £25.00. It does the job for me and Givi is very expensive here. That said, the mounting bracket broke and I had to bodgy up a bracket to fix it. From what I've seen online you might pick up a givi in the UK for the right price, and the quality will be far superior.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for all the replies ,With givi box what is the difference between the monokey and monolock boxes , (apart from the price) ?

·
Registered
2,611 Posts
monolock boxes are smaller, for scooters etc

monokey boxes are bigger, a 52 litre one will hold two full face helmets

i would go with monokey

plenty of used ones on ebay...

·
Registered
26 Posts
Mine's an el cheapo chinese special that I paid about au$50.00 for several years ago, about £25.00. It does the job for me and Givi is very expensive here. That said, the mounting bracket broke and I had to bodgy up a bracket to fix it. From what I've seen online you might pick up a givi in the UK for the right price, and the quality will be far superior.
Mine was about the same, off eBay. Does the job for me.

If you want high strength, watertightness and mega security, then you have to splash the cash.

B151B7FF-74BC-4DD6-AB58-3C023D573B09.jpeg

·
Registered
47 Posts
I have full Honda luggage on my Transalp XL700VA. As I have arthritic 73 year old hips which make getting on the machine quite difficult. I am thinking of SELLING the top box & buying a tank bag. Anyone interested in a full size SH Black top box. ??

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Bought one off fleebay,, £35 Kappa k35n topbox,, fitted on bike with a bit of converting to holes ,, But the di**head who I bought it off , posted it in a bin bag with the key in lock,, so I got a bent key on delivery (muppet) but hayho its fitted and works,,

1 - 12 of 12 Posts