Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,746 Posts
Yeah I noticed it as well. Its been going down for a while now. Couple of years back 100 post a week was normal for the top posters

Now

·
Registered
2,556 Posts
I think this is only the second time I've managed to get on the top poster list.
Oops ! Up another notch I go :cool:

·
Older, but no wiser!
3,836 Posts
Aye, s'funny. I had noticed a cuppla days things were quite quiet, and a new member in the TA section had mentioned how quiet it was here... I'd noticed a drop in post counts and new messages when looking on tapatalk.

Maybe everyone is recovering from the Bank Hol partying... :)

·
one of the lost boys
6,127 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I ,know things change and the AT is really in the minority, even Honda owners are slipping back. At the last revamp we should have changed to attract soft road / off road and adventure sports riders. I hope it's not too late. The friendships and cliques made through this forum will always stay in contact but less and less via XRV. There are too many other options from flat rate telephone calls to the dreaded fb.
I have neither time or the skill to save the forum... but I will miss it

Ahhhh the good old days

·
Premium Member
10,746 Posts
I ,know things change and the AT is really in the minority, even Honda owners are slipping back. At the last revamp we should have changed to attract soft road / off road and adventure sports riders. I hope it's not too late. The friendships and cliques made through this forum will always stay in contact but less and less via XRV. There are too many other options from flat rate telephone calls to the dreaded fb.
I have neither time or the skill to save the forum... but I will miss it

Ahhhh the good old days
So true with the revamp. It was mentioned a long time ago to change over to something like trail bike/big trail big blah blah forum but at the time it was still a young xrv forum and rapidly growing so there was no need to change it was said.
I dont think it will disappear,just shrink a bit and become a niche forum.
But yes you are right,I miss the good old days too.
50 post in a day talking utter sh×t was no problem for me than:angel9:

·
Premium Member
6,168 Posts
So true with the revamp. It was mentioned a long time ago to change over to something like trail bike/big trail big blah blah forum but at the time it was still a young xrv forum and rapidly growing so there was no need to change it was said.
I dont think it will disappear,just shrink a bit and become a niche forum.
But yes you are right,I miss the good old days too.
50 post in a day talking utter sh×t was no problem for me than:angel9:
Talking shite at anytime has never been a problem for you :)

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Half the trouble in my eyes is that you need to pay to get unlimited PM's, to access parts of the forum and to post pictures....

Why would I want to pay? There are other forums out there that are free ABR being one of them, and just look at how many people are on there! I can post as many pictures as I want on there and PM whoever I like and as long as someone has 10 posts or more they can buy/sell what ever they like.

I love this forum, it's the only place where AT bikers are at their most prolific. It's also friendlier than the others. But whoever runs the site needs to realize there are other Adventure Bike forums out there that give full use of their site for no financial outlay...

·
Registered
752 Posts
I will stick around until the bitter end, probably because I'm bloody minded more than anything but being an AT rider I can think of no where better to get useful info and share some banter with like minded people.

The owners do need to realise they are killing their cash cow before it's too late but, if it gets to that point we can always club together and start our own!

·
one of the lost boys
6,127 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
It was the Vaders et al that attracted me to the site in the first place, I was then divided between the International Varadero site and this, when the Dero site got hit by hackers it took so long to recover that I never went back. I used to go there for the technical and here "xrv" for the craic. There was always good banter going on and regardless of seriousness in a thread it soon went off topic and sometimes had me in tears of laughter, normally some "furriner" talking cobblers, but entertaining cobblers.
It's hard keeping a site safe and it costs money so I understand the adverts and just ignore them, (I only have adblocker on 1 PC.) Even with PMs or other restrictions put in place for non-subscribers the postcount and visitor count is slowing down too fast. The site is now a financial site earning someone money, when they no longer earn they wont keep up the maintenance and it will dwindel into a research only library. More and more are not subscribing, me included, we ALL started with voluntary contributions to help Dave keep the site safe, it's about time it went back to being a free site for members, restrictions lifted after 10 posts to weed out trolls.
I don't want to lose this site and hope it's not too late

and now on with the bollox

·
May Contain Nuts
2,350 Posts
it's about time it went back to being a free site for members, restrictions lifted after 10 posts to weed out trolls.
we're doing our best to improve benefits for non-subscribed members at the moment, you should now have PMs and be able to start new threads in the for sale and wanted forums

the admin team (and I don't mean them across the pond) are talking about this constantly to try and get the forum back to what it was, we'll keep chipping away at it where we can.

·
Premium Member
10,746 Posts
at least one of those is still true I suppose :)
Talking shite at anytime has never been a problem for you :)
It was the Vaders et al that attracted me to the site in the first place, I was then divided between the International Varadero site and this, when the Dero site got hit by hackers it took so long to recover that I never went back. I used to go there for the technical and here "xrv" for the craic. There was always good banter going on and regardless of seriousness in a thread it soon went off topic and sometimes had me in tears of laughter, normally some "furriner" talking cobblers, but entertaining cobblers.
It's hard keeping a site safe and it costs money so I understand the adverts and just ignore them, (I only have adblocker on 1 PC.) Even with PMs or other restrictions put in place for non-subscribers the postcount and visitor count is slowing down too fast. The site is now a financial site earning someone money, when they no longer earn they wont keep up the maintenance and it will dwindel into a research only library. More and more are not subscribing, me included, we ALL started with voluntary contributions to help Dave keep the site safe, it's about time it went back to being a free site for members, restrictions lifted after 10 posts to weed out trolls.

and now on with the bollox
Thank god we got all this serious sh*t out of the way:toothy7:

·
Premium Member
10,746 Posts
Stop blaming me. Nothing to do with me that you ended up in this asylum:toothy7:
Always picking on the germans:( What have we ever done to deserve that:angel9:

·
whys the rum always gone?
17,680 Posts
Feck me, where do you want us to start??????
dont worry sean i gave him the hump the other week when told him it was my grandad that sunk his bath toy and nicked the enigma machine and code book out of it :D:D:D:D:D

1 - 20 of 33 Posts